the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5904v, 2003 honda crv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
modfab2502 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2016 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote modfab2502
Hi,
I am looking forward to install (DIY) VIPER 5904V in my HONDA CRV 2003 model. I have the wiring diagram which has a ton of wires.
Can someone help, let me know which basic wires I need to install first and test the system (before going ahead and ripping all my car wires).
Best,
S. Gupta
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
You're right, there are a lot of wires on on the install guide. The good news is, many of them you won't need.
Is this an automatic? Do you own a Digital multimeter? Do you have a soldering iron and know how to use it?
You will need an immobilizer bypass to go along with your viper.
Depending on which one you get, will determine how many additional wires you have to connect to the car.
If you get a basic one like a PKALL, that will only do the immobilizer bypass. If you get DB-ALL2, that will take of the door lock integration, and factory alarm integration with your Viper 5904. Those two are just examples. You can read about them here. You may need to be able to flash the firmware through a device you can buy, or you can ask/pay a local dealer to do it. According to ready remote, the factory arm and disarm is only done through the factory fob, so I would lean towards a bypass that can do that.
https://www.directechs.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&year=2003&make=Honda&model=CRV&ps=1&s=0&c=0
Read the install guides for the ones you are considering.
As for wires to connect, take look at the link below, compare it to the viper guide, and try to match them up.
http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?action=select&yr=5281&product=Remote%20Start&make=Honda&model=CRV
Depending on which bypass you pick will determine what wires connect to the car, and what ones connect to the bypass.
modfab2502 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote modfab2502
Hi Copper,
Thanks a ton for the links.
I have a multimeter and a soldering iron and know how to use it.
My CRV is automatic. There is no immobiliser so I will not need to bypass.
Just looking at the amount of wires is not letting me start with the thought that I may not be able to complete it.
I want to do it one step at a time. Can you guide me as to which wires will I need to connect just to start the ignition start function. Will go to the next level once I am confident that I am able to do it.
Best,
S. Gupta
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Does it have a factory alarm?
modfab2502 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote modfab2502
Hi mscguy,
No, I there is no factory alarm.
Best,
S. Gupta
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Ok, well, the bare minimum connections for remote start are...
H1/1 RED (+)12VDC CONSTANT INPUT to 12volts white (50A) + ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 3
H1/2 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND to Ground
H2/2 BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY INPUT . Verify that car wont start in any gear but Park and Neutral, then connect to Ground
H2/16 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT to Brake wire WHITE/ black      +      brake switch, white 4 pin plug, pin 2
H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT to Ignition BLACK / YELLOW      +      ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 6
H3/2 RED / WHITE (87) FLEX RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED) to white (50A) + ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 3
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT to Accessory BLACK/ red      +      ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 4
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL) to Starter BLACK/ white      +      ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 1
H3/6 RED IGNITION 1 +12V INPUT (30A FUSED) to white (50A) + ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 3
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (30) FLEX RELAY OUTPUT (car side of ign, acc or starter wire) to Accessory 2 WHITE/ red      +      ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 5
      Program above as second accessory
H3/9 RED / BLACK ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED) to white (50A) + ignition switch, brown 7 pin plug, pin 3
These are the minimums for remote start. This doesn't give you any alarm functions, no door triggers, no starter kill, no parking lights, no door locks
Check all connections with your dmm before wiring.
Read the guide you (hopefully) got with your 5904v, and compare the wires that I listed to their respective ones in the ready remote link I posted. Pay particular attention to the (+) and (-) markings in the descriptions.
http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?action=select&yr=5281&product=Remote%20Start&make=Honda&model=CRV#
Please make sure you're comfortable attempting this, otherwise don't and take it somewhere to have it done. If you don't understand what you're connecting, and to what, you can ruin your Viper unit, as well as potentially hurt your car too.
modfab2502 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2016 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote modfab2502
Hi mscguy,
I just did the basic installation.
Connected the 2 wires from H 1 and 2 wires from H 2 and all the wires from H 3 (based on your notes above)
When i press the start button on the remote, I am getting 7 flashing sounds. As per the manual this is "Manual transmission mode is enabled and not initialized".
What do I need to do?? Any suggestions??
Best,
S. Gupta
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2016 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
You need to change it to auto trans mode. Menu 3 item 1 option 2.   Follow instructions for virtual tach learn too.
Make sure to install the hood pin too. It's a safety thing. You don't want the car to accidentally start while you or someone else has their hands in the engine area.
modfab2502 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2016 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote modfab2502
Hi mscguy,
Did not quote understand how to change to auto trans mode.
Can you please explain.
Best,
S. Gupta
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2016 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Did you program the flex out to second accessory like I said in the wiring? It's the bolded part.
You program the automatic trans mode in the same way.
I can't type out all the steps right now, but it's in the install sheet you got with your unit.
Edit. You have to connect the siren too and the door trigger too. I forgot about those.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic