the12volt.com spacer
icon

04 Lincoln Town car with prestige aps57e RS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jcharley 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2016 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
I'm wanting to install a remote start with keyless entry in a 2004 Lincoln Town car. Was hoping to find a wiring diagram and a heads up on anything special needed.
Thanks
Jeff
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
http://readyremote.com/main.asp?action=select&yr=5606&product=Remote%20Start&make=Lincoln&model=Town%20Car#
Your key has a transponder, so you will need a bypass to remote start.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
Is there any bypass units that control the door locks and trunk release taCh and other items for this vehicle? I'm a little confused on how to w2w this vehicle.
geepherder 
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I think they just do immobilizer bypass for your vehicle. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
However, I think we can get you going. I pulled up the online pdf of your install manual. I see you need to convert the negative pulse from the Prestige to a positive for the door locks. You will need two relays- one for lock, and one for unlock. Use this: https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page1.asp#n2p
Another good place to look for wiring info: http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
If you select your vehicle, scroll down to trunk release and click the pdf off to the right. Just follow the wiring diagram.
For tach, you'll need to run a wire under the hood and connect to one of the fuel injector wires. Testing with your multimeter set to AC voltage, connect the red lead to an injector wire, and the black lead to ground. You should see a reading that increases with engine speed.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
Thank you so much. That's very helpful. I'm planning to install this next weekend and just trying to get all the info I need so I can hopefully avoid any surprises.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
Can I use the same 12v power source for the RS on the relays or do I need to run a separate wire from the battery and if so can I just run 1 wire for all 3 relays or do they each need their own wire?
geepherder 
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
You can use the same wires at the ignition harness for power. Connect the two power wires for the door lock relays together, with a 5 amp fuse. Fuse the trunk release relay separately. I'm not sure how much current it draws, but you might check your owner's manual and use the same fuse rating.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
Thank you and if you don't mind I have another question. This vehicle has a factory alarm. Is there anything else I need to wire up to make the alarm work with the RS or will it work by pressing the lock and unlock buttons on the RS
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2016 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
This vehicle has a factory alarm. What all is required to wire it up to work with the RS.
It also has a 2nd accessory wire. Do I just use the 2nd ignition wire and program it to same as Accy.
geepherder 
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
It looks like the pulsed ground before start is for your factory disarm wire and the pulsed ground after start is for the factory rearm after starting.
Yes, reprogram it for accessory.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic