the12volt.com spacer
icon

04 Lincoln Town car with prestige aps57e RS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jcharley 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
So when I engage the RS it will disarm the alarm, start the car, then rearm it. I belive I understand that and thank you for your help i was really confused on this one. but I still have need to know will the alarm be disarmed by pressing the unlock on the RS. And will it be re armed when the lock button is pressed.
Thanks
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
10 Black w/ Blue Trace Wire: Pulsed Ground Output Before Start
The Black w/ Blue Trace Wire will provide a 1 second 300 mA pulsed ground output 500 mS before GWR
becomes active as well as when the transmitter is used to disarm the system. Typical use for this output
would be to disarm a factory theft deterrent system to prevent false triggering of the factory alarm when the
remote start unit engages or when the system is used to unlock the doors. This will also activate when the
transmitter is used to disarm/unlock the system.
11 Black w/ Light Green Trace Wire: Pulsed Ground Output After Start
The Black w/ Light Green Trace wire will provide a 1 second 300mA pulsed ground output after the vehicle
is started under control of the remote start unit. Typically this wire will be used to re-lock the vehicle doors
if the doors unlock automatically when the factory anti-theft system is disarmed. This wire will also activate
when the transmitter is used to arm/lock the system.
I copy pasted this from the manual found here "http://www.voxxelectronics.com/docs/common/APS57E/APS57E_IM.pdf"
Based on this, and if you wire them as Geepherder said, your factory alarm will disarm and arm when you press lock and unlock on your starter fob.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
Thank you!
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
I'm looking at the link posted for the wiring info and it does not show a 2nd ignition. However bulldog security does.    The bulldog site shows the 2nd ignition as the same as 1 of the 2 1st accessory writes on the ready remote site. Is there any way to confirm which is accurate. If it does in fact have a 2nd ignition I will need to use the 2nd ignition wire to start the vehicle and will need to use a different wire for the 2nd accessory. I have a few negative pulse wires that can be programmed to same as ACCY (I'm assuming means accessory). To do this I would need a relay covering to a positive output I'm guessing. IS this correct and can anyone confirm if which site is correct on the 2nd ignition.
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.aspx
http://readyremote.com/main.asp?action=select&yr=5606&product=Remote%20Start&make=Lincoln&model=Town%20Car#
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Discrepancies in wiring diagrams? Time to break out the multimeter.
This is your ignition switch.
I would lean towards bulldog on this, but you can test yourself.
You can use one of those programmable outs to drive a relay for the 2nd Acc wire. Obviously not one of the ones you're using for the arm and disarm.
04 Lincoln Town car with prestige aps57e RS - Page 2 -- posted image.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2016 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
I can't thank you enough for all of your help.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2016 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
Ok, I have a strange problem. I got the RS and bypass installed. Had to program with klon. The remote will lock, unlock, and RS the vehicle just fine. However if I unlock the vehicle and try to use the key to start the vehicle it will trip the passive anti theft system and won't start. If I RS the vehicle it will start just fine. It will even work with the key as long aS I don't use the unlock feature on the RS. If I unplug the bypass the key works regardless of whether I hit unlock or not but obviously won't remote start. ANY thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm pulling my hair out at this point and am considering ordering a klon bypass to see if a different bypass will work.
Thanks in advance
Jeff
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2016 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
jcharley wrote:
Ok, I have a strange problem. I got the RS and bypass installed. Had to program with klon. The remote will lock, unlock, and RS the vehicle just fine. However if I unlock the vehicle and try to use the key to start the vehicle it will trip the passive anti theft system and won't start. If I RS the vehicle it will start just fine. It will even work with the key as long aS I don't use the unlock feature on the RS. If I unplug the bypass the key works regardless of whether I hit unlock or not but obviously won't remote start. ANY thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm pulling my hair out at this point and am considering ordering a klon bypass to see if a different bypass will work
Thanks in advance
Jeff
The remote start is prestige aps57e and the bypass is flashlogic FLTB1.
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2016 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
I have it wired in data mode. Would doing a hardwire possibly fix the issue
jcharley 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2016 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jcharley
I'm installing a prestige aps57e on an 04 Lincoln Town car. I'm looking for the wire that I need to hook into for the trunk release. It has the power deck lid.
Thanks
Jeff
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic