the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Chevy Venture, Viper 4204v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
johnramphal 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2016 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnramphal
hello i have a viper 4204v remote starter and a dball2 bypass module which i am trying to install into a 2003 Chevy venture automatic without any luck. after installing, the power locks works but no start. i hear the internal relay clicking but no signal coming from the starter for remote start. i hooked up my DMM to check the start wire and i can verify that there is no signal there. any help will greatly appreciated.
jr29_1999
johnramphal 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2016 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnramphal
here is my hookup
* car side
ignition 1 *pink
ignition 2 * white
all 12v * red
accessory * orange
starter * yellow
ground * chassis ground
sorry if this was posted before but couldn't find anything
jr29_1999
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,787
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2016 at 4:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Your main ignition wiring looks good.  You should split the Vipers +12V input load between the vehicles Red and

RED / White +12V constant wires instead of just using the only Red wire.  Additionally, H1/1 should be connected
to +12V constant.

The DB-ALL2 should be flashed with 402.GM5 Ver 3.11 firmware for the 2003 Venture.  Did the DB-ALL2 programming

procedure follow the Type 1 programming steps exactly?

You didn't mention if you are going W2W of D2D between the Viper and the DB-ALL2.  Either way, there are a couple

of mandatory hardwire connections.  The Vipers thick Pink IGN1 wire goes to both the van and the DB-ALL2.  Same
for the thick Yellow Starter wire.  This is shown on the Type 1 install diagram.

The Vipers Neutral Safety Switch must be plugged in and set to ON.  In D2D Mode, the van's Parking Brake must be ON

to remote start ( or connect H2/2 to Chassis Ground ).

The Viper must be programmed to Transmission Mode = Automatic, Menu 3, Item 1, Option 2.

If I remember correctly, the Venture had "one-touch" starting.  If that is correct, you can run the Viper with Engine Checking

= Fixed and let the van handle the cranking ( like it normally does ).  That also means the Tach signal and Tach Learn is
not necessary.  See Menu 3, Item 2, Option 3.

While not part of your current problem, there is a Brown ACC2 wire.  It may not be necessary to power this wire during

remote start ( I always do just to duplicate everything the key start does ).  If you decide to power this wire, here is the
wiring ( you will need a 30/40 Amp SPDT Relay and in-line fuse holder w/20 Amp fuse ):
Relay Pin 85 to Viper H2/22 thin Orange (-) 200mA Accessory Output
Relay Pin 30 to van Brown ACC2 wire
Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12V through 20 Amp fuse

The clicking you hear with a remote start attempt could be the Parking Light relay giving an Error Code.  Have you tried

running Shutdown Diagnostics ( if the Parking Lights are connected / working you could count the flashes ) ?

Soldering is fun!
johnramphal 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2016 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnramphal
thank you for your help all was good except for the programming which i didn't do.
before programming, i did do another check of the wiring to make sure everything was good and after the programming everything work.
i do have one little problem which is i cant get my parking light to stay on when i remote start. any suggestion?
once again thank you so much.
jr29_1999
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 21, 2016 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Which wire are you connected to for the parking lights? Have you gone through the programming menu to ensure it's set to constant while remote started (menu 3 item 12 option 1)?
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
johnramphal 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2016 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnramphal
thank you so much for your help. it turned out that i had a blown fuse.
once again thank you so much for your help. greatly appreciated.
jr29_1999
johnramphal 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2018 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnramphal
hello fellow members once again i am at a lost i thought i had this remote starter installation procedure down but i guess i am still a bonehead if you want to say that.
so here is my problem i am installing a prostart ct-4211tw with dball2 bypass module in my 2003 chevy venture. witkey in the remote start work but without the key its a no start. i tried looking over all the wiring but with no luck i am hoping the pros on here can assist. i have the dball hooked up d2d and w2w.
if you need the connection info i can submit that as well.
Thanks again
jr29_1999
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2018 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Is this the same vehicle that you posted about in 2016? You mentioned different hardware at the time.
johnramphal 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2018 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote johnramphal
yes it is the viper remote broke and i couldnt get a replacement one hence the new remote.
so here is the hookup
vehicle remote start
red       red
pink      yellow
orange    orange
yellow    purple
red/white red
red/black bcm          brown
orange/black bcm       green
dball2 remote start
lock       brown
unlock     green
rear hatch blue
aux 1      blue/white
aux 2      grey/light blue
starter input             purple ignition
ignition input            yellow ignition
gwr        white
tach       purple tach (ac)
dball      to vehicle
purple/yellow to obdII
red to red/white (ignition)
black to ground
yellow/black keyless data to light green in steering column
without hooking up any accessory on the vehicle the remote start should still work am i right!
thanks for the help
jr29_1999
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2018 at 7:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Do another test.
Try to remote start with the key head pressed against the ignition switch (not inserted).
If it starts, then issue is with the key-sense wiring (LT GN wire in steering column).
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic