the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 crown vic, Errr door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikey77 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2016 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikey77
Hi all. I'm hoping someone who can help me. I am hooking up a avital 5303 in the remote stock portion is working flawlessly however the alarm portion I can't get to work with correctly. Before go any further ill tell yiu im for from a pro electrical man. I have done really simple stuff like radios and things.I am in doing the install on a 2011 Crown Victoria p7b Police Interceptor. can anyone confirm that I have 3 wire negative door locks. That's what it looks like from the diagram and testing I was doing and then a few minutes ago somebody told me it is a Type C not type B can somebody confirm the type of door locks I have please. I have two sets of two relays one set using 2 relays wired for three wire positive and 1 set wired with three wire negagive using the illustrations on here. My unlock wire in the kick panel is pink/Lt green and the lock wire is pink / YELLOW which I can not find as of now...lol kick panel is where I would tie into locks right? I do have drivers door mudule in my car if that makes any difference..
mleaser 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2016 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mleaser
They should be Type A door locks. They are in that big corrugated loom running in front of the door boot opening in the kick panel. There is a bracket in front of the harness that you may have to remove to get access to.
mikey77 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2016 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikey77
Really is type A still a 3 wire negative?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 21, 2016 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
It looks like it's just negative trigger:
http://readyremote.com/main.asp?action=select&yr=26102&product=Remote%20Start&make=Ford&model=Crown%20Victoria
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
mikey77 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2016 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikey77
Thank you I have been using posi taps love these things...lol so I pulled the panel were the door lock switch is and hooked up right there and it works. I just got to find the wires in the kick panel. Well found one but got to find the other. My issue now is one of the lock/unlock wires from alarm always has ground is this defective? And the other wire only shows ground when I hit lock or unlock. I forget wich one showed ground constantly. When I do hook up to the unlock/lock wires and the alarm remote works properly the door switch doesn't. It only work one way. I'm thinking because that wire is showing ground constantly. If I unhook the alarm leads the door switch works properly
mleaser 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2016 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mleaser
Try using diodes on your lock and unlock wires
mikey77 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2016 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikey77
Yea it is defective, I do believe. But I got it working. I'm just going to use the secondary unlock to unlock the car just have to press it twice but screw it. It works. Everything is done just need to wire a relay in so I get the horn when lock and un lock. Right now only sounds when alarm is triggered
mleaser 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2016 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mleaser
Use your FAA and FAD wires instead. Doors will unlock briefly when remote started.. but only for a couple seconds.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic