the12volt.com spacer
icon

How to Create a Ground While Armed?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 06, 2016 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
There are 3 pins on the Shock sensor connector. Check them.
kulblue 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2016 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kulblue
Yes the shock sensor has the 3 pin.
kulblue 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2016 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kulblue
The Manual for DEI 516U
How to Create a Ground While Armed? - Page 2 -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 06, 2016 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Did you check the 3 pins of the shock sensor connector?
kulblue 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2016 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kulblue
The green wire from dei 516u I connected to one of the 3pin shock sensor.
kulblue 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2016 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kulblue
Someone? Pls! Help
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2016 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
Here's a diagram I just created for you. Please read the second paragraph in my description.
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram69.html
Connect your negative unlock output to the light blue wire and connect your negative lock ouput to the green wire, then use the orange wire as your "ground when armed" output.
How to Create a Ground While Armed? - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
kulblue 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2016 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kulblue
Thanks. I appreciate it.
These r right to go on the wiring?
Light blue go to - neg. Unlock
Green go to - neg. Lock
Orange go to ground-while-armed DEI 516U or any has the GWA?
Voilet go to ??? Or go to GWA ?
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2016 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
Correct. Light blue to negative unlock from alarm, green to negative lock from alarm, and orange is your "Ground while armed" output.
The violet wire doesn't need to be connected to anything, but can be used if you need a ground while unlocked/disarmed.
When you first wire this up, the orange wire will provide ground until you disarm your alarm, even if you have not yet armed it. After the first cycle, it should perform as you want.
The violet provides a ground while latched. If you were to connect unlock to green and lock to blue, then this would be your ground while armed, but this would also pull more current from the battery while the alarm is armed, hence recommending wiring the way I stated above ;)
How to Create a Ground While Armed? - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
kulblue 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2016 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kulblue
Sweet.... Thank you so much!!!! I will try it this weekend. I appreciate it..
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic