the12volt.com spacer
icon

door lock connections

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jason556w 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jason556w
Hey guys,
I'm new to remote start installs. I know I can take it to a pro but they're all bad around my place and I thought I'd learn something new.
I have a 2010 Rav4 with factory alarm and an Avital 5303.
I'm very confused on what to do with the blue and green door lock/unlock harness and the H2-6 pin connector H2/4 and H2/6, which are the factory arm and disarm.
Can someone please help, and if it's possible can you guys dumb it down a little please. Lol thank you, guys.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Here is the needed wiring for the locks :

1  LIGHT BLUE  (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT (+) LOCK  --->    Pink (driver door key unlock)  double -      @ driver kick, white 12 pin plug, pin 9

3  GREEN  (-) LOCK (+) UNLOCK OUTPUT --->    Blue (driver door key lock)  -     @ driver kick, white 12 pin plug, pin 4

Additional info :

1.  You must program the Avital 5303 for a Double Pulse Unlock Output.  See Menu 2, Item 7, 2 Chirp setting.
2.  You should insert a 1N4001 diode inline on each of the Avital's lock wire with the band towards the Avital 5303.

This will take care of both the locks and the Factory alarm, so no need to connect the Avitals' Alarm Arm and Disarm wires.

Now for the Avital R/S portion.  The Factory Alarm will go off with a remote start ( if the alarm was set ).  To prevent this from happening

you should connect the Avitals' H3/5 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200 mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOGGER wire to the RAV4's Keysense wire.
Keysense    Blue (-)     @ key switch or dash fuse box, white 32 pin plug (IE), pin 26 
Avital default programming is correct.  I am assuming that you are not using this wire for it's programmable Defrost control function.

Does the RAV4 have a transponder system ( chipped keys )?  Do you have a bypass module?

It might be a good idea to list all of your wiring, so the forum members can assist prior to install.

Soldering is fun!
jason556 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jason556
Umm yeah I think it has a a chip so I have a bypass module (it's an O key). I pretty much connected everything when it comes to the main harness, remote start harness, relay satellite, etc. I wad just stuck on the freaking door. When I opened up the system I found a DEI Auto-Mate alarm system installed by the dealer.
The entire time I was sitting there trying to figure out the 6 pin connecter and the 3 pin door lock and now it looks so much easier.
And no I didn't connect anything to the rear defogger so I'll connect the keysense wire to it.
Oh another question I have is what do I do for the second starter? The RS relay satellite doesn't come with a second starter wire. Do I use a relay to connect it to the main starter wire?
Thank you so much though, it means a lot. I really appreciate it.
jason556w 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jason556w
These are all my car connections-
12 VOLT CONSTANT WHITE ( + ) FUSEBOX @ DASH, PIN 1, WHITE 1-PIN PLUG (G)    
STARTER YELLOW ( + ) @ IGNITION SWITCH, PIN 8, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG    
STARTER 2 WHITE ( + ) @ IGNITION SWITCH, PIN 1, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG    
IGNITION 1 WHITE ( + ) @ IGNITION SWITCH, PIN 6, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG    
IGNITION 2 PINK ( + ) @ IGNITION SWITCH, PIN 4, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG    
IGNITION 3 N/A     
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 RED (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH, PIN 3, WHITE 8-PIN PLUG    
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A     
KEYSENSE BLUE ( - ) @IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER or FUSEBOX,PIN 26, WHITE 32-PIN PLUG    
PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) WHITE ( - ) @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH, PIN 18, WHITE 20-PIN PLUG    
PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) GREEN ( + ) @ FUSEBOX, PIN 10, WHITE 30-PIN PLUG    
POWER LOCK BLUE (-) TYPE B, SEE NOTE #2 @ DRIVERS KICK, PIN 4 ,WHITE 12-PIN PLUG    
POWER UNLOCK PINK (-) TYPE B (DOUBLE PULSE) @ DRIVERS KICK, PIN 9, WHITE 12-PIN PLUG    
LOCK MOTOR WIRE RED ( 5-WIRE TYPE ) @ DRIVERS KICK, PIN 6, WHITE 12-PIN PLUG    
DOOR TRIGGER WHITE ( - ) @ FUSEBOX, PIN 2, WHITE 6-PIN PLUG    
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION WHITE ( - ) @ FUSEBOX , PIN 2, WHITE 6-PIN PLUG (K)    
TRUNK RELEASE N/A     
SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A     
HORN LT. GREEN ( - ) @ FUSEBOX , PIN 25, WHITE 32-PIN PLUG    
TACH GRAY (AC) @ DATA CONNECTOR PIN 9, WHITE 32-PIN PLUG    
WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A     
BRAKE BLUE ( + ) @ BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH or FUSEBOX, PIN 9, WHITE 30-PIN PLUG(A)    
FACTORY ALARM DISARM SAME AS UNLOCK WIRE ( - )     
ANTI-THEFT TOYOTA'S TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, See NOTE #1 @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

Heavy gauge relay satellite wiring diagram

H/1 PURPLE STARTER OUTPUT (STARTER SIDE)   yellow  +  ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 8       cut wire
H/2 GREEN STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)       yellow  +  ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 8       cut wire
H/3 RED (+) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT         blue (30A) +   ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 7
H/4 ORANGE ACCESSORY CIRCUIT red  +  ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 3
H/5 PINK OUTPUT  IGNITION CIRCUIT white  +  ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 6
H/6 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT blue (30A) +   ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 7
H/7 PINK/WHITE  SECOND IGNITION CIRCUIT          pink  +  ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 4
H/8 RED / WHITE (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V          blue (30A) +   ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 7

To properly power the car's Second Starter wire ( Second Starter  White  +  ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 1 ) you will need a 30/40

Amp SPDT relay with harness, an inline fuse holder and a 7.5 Amp fuse.  Wire as follows :
Relay Pin 85 to Avital Remote start ribbon harness, Pin 5  PURPLE  (-) 200mA STARTER RELAY TURN ON
Relay Pin 86 and 87 to Lt Green @ ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 2 through 7.5 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to White (+) @ ignition switch, white 8 pin plug, pin 1

Relay Pin 87a not used.

Soldering is fun!
jason556w 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jason556w
Okay got it.
I also connected the H4/2 (-) 200mA Horn brown wire to my vehicle's horn wire without a relay because I thought that the signal is going to be pretty weak. Should I cut it out and add a relay?
Thank you again.
kreg357 
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Shouldn't need a relay for the (-) Horn connection.
Soldering is fun!
jason556w 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jason556w
Okay, and one last thing-
All my door triggers were separate in the fusebox., So what I did was solder a wire to my H1/8 (-) door trigger input to elongate it. Then I soldered each door trigger to that wire. I also inserted a diode on each wire with the band towards the car and away from the RS.
Do you think that's correct?
kreg357 
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes on the Door Trigger wires.  A 1N4001 diode on each, band towards the car, all joined together at H1/8.
Soldering is fun!
jason556 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2016 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jason556
Hi, I dots everything but my car isn't starting. It cranks and quits but nothing else. It doesn't actually start. Please help :(
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic