the12volt.com spacer
icon

New member, new keyless and first

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thorvald 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2016 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thorvald
I installed my first keyless and alarm this week without any problems, but I still think I must make some changes. I live in Norway and the cars produced for Norway has a different light setup then most of the world. The wire that was connected to the parking light are not the same as in the USA. I would like my direction lights to flash when I lock and unlock the car. But in Norway parking lights are wired to be two 5watt bulbs inside the headlamps. Therefor my question is, can I move the wire from the keyless/alarm over to the hazard button? That's the only way to make all the direction lights blink at the same time I think.
Thanks for this great forum 🙂
thorvald 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2016 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thorvald
My car/Suv is a Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero sport 2000, European setup
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2016 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Need more info on system type and how it's wired now?
For the mean time if you were to go that route, you would want to connect to the wire out side of the flasher and would need to use a relay. To avoid any issues with the flasher trying to flash the lights, especially when remote started and having light output set to constant. If you get feed back issues then you would need to cut the out side wire and wire it to 87a, 30 to light side of cut wire,87and 86 to +12v constant, 85 to - parking light output. This applies if it is a positive feed flasher and you will need to verify this fact.
thorvald 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2016 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thorvald
The Keyless/Alarm is a Code Alarm CA6554
This is the wiring information for the parking lights
The first alternative is the one for my Mitsubishi
New member, new keyless and first -- posted image.
This is the wiring diagram for the Hazard and turn signal
This is about all i have for information on this :)
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2016 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Looks like you would need to connect after the hazard switch in diagram 1. Using 5 amp diodes band towards the vehicle wiring to connections 1 and 2 with (+) 12v or use 2 relays to power each circuit separate. The left and right are only combined when the hazard switch is on. So you will need to power them both.
Are you going to have the remote start set to run the lights constant or flashing?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2016 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Not Norway, everywhere but North America uses amber direction indicators Lurch is correct.
As for the rest, find the GREEN/ blue and GREEN/ YELLOW in the steering column loom wire the Code as POSITIVE switching parking lights and split the white output via 2 X 1N5404 diodes, bands away from Code.
You can also add Shogun to the names in your first post.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2016 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
@howie ll Am I missing something or was there a post that has since been deleted? Just curious what I missed if so.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2016 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Don't think so, I was just a bit astonished at the original post, Euro cars always had this set-up, it's alarm 101 on Euro cars, the truth is in Europe apart from the Romanian Company Falcon Electronics, part owned by DEI, no one in Europe can do alarms AND remote starts bar a few Brits (about 5 of us).
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2016 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Ok thanks
thorvald 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2016 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thorvald
So you guys can see what I write about I made I little clip.
First you see the lock/unlock blink from the 5 watt bulbs, here in Norway refereed to as parking lights. My Bosch extra lights also has parking lights. Then I go left to right with the direction lights and in the end hit the hazard button.
https://youtu.be/e9lSt3PuZfA
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic