the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Ford Fusion Manual Trans Ready Mode problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
darmck 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2016 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darmck
Hello all. I'm installing a Titan TS133 remote start with an xpresskit PKTX bypass into a 2010 ford fusion manual transmission. I've only installed a few starters before and they've all been autos so far. The issue I am having is setting the car into ready mode. I can get the remote to take over, remove the key, and shut it down with the remote, but then when I try to start it again it just flashes 4 times for "not in ready mode / door open". I'm fairly certain my problem is the door trigger, the module isn't seeing a door open then close again before shutdown. I now see after some more research on here that the door triggers are N.C. and need to be diode isolated. Will this fix my issue, and is this my only option or is the domelight a viable choice for this scenario? Thanks in advance for helping a noobie out.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2016 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
Using the domelight supervision is gonna save you a lot of headache. I would go that route. Make sure the polarity of the vehicle's domelight supervision circuit matches up with the door trigger input of the titan remote start. If not, you will have to use a relay to change polarity.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
darmck 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2016 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darmck
Ok awesome. The titan unit has both a positive and negative door trigger wire, and according to bulldog securities vehicle wiring chart, the dome light supervision wire is a positive polarity. So if I'm not mistaken I should just have to wire my positive trigger right to that and it should be good. And that should fix my ready mode issue?
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2016 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
All you need to do is hook up the positive door input to the positive dome light supervison and that should take car of the ready mode as long as the door trigger was your only issue
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2016 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
You have the ebrake hooked up to the Titan as well correct?
darmck 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darmck
Yes I do have the ebrake hooked up as well. Nearest I can tell the door trigger has to be my issue, just because the module isn't seeing a door open and then close after I apply the ebrake and then press the start button on the remote. Is there anything else I should maybe look at when I go back into it?
pts760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pts760
Make sure your clutch is bypassed correctly. Remember you won't be able to drop the clutch when you remote start it ( it has to be done electronically) and using pit stop mode (taking the vehicle over with the remote start after the vehicle is running with the key) won't justify if the clutch has been bypassed correctly.
darmck 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darmck
Ok that was the other thing I couldn't find much info on. I thought maybe it was the bypass module that took care of that? I haven't even gotten it to try and crank yet (I assume due to the door trigger) so I'm unsure on the clutch. Sorry this is new territory for me, I do want to learn though, I really appreciate all the help.
darmck 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darmck
Looking at the wiring for the clutch switch, all it does is ground when the clutch is depressed, so could I not just splice the wires together at the switch? Or is there a more proper way to do it with a relay?
darmck 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2016 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote darmck
Ignore what I said about splicing the wires together that was dumb, my apologies. What would be the easiest and most proper way to bypass the clutch?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic