the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 Wrangler Avital 5305L Error after Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
silverhobo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2016 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silverhobo
I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with no power doors or windows. I started by installing power actuators in all the doors and connected them to the avital 2101L door remote system.
I have since decided to upgrade to remote start.
I them got an avital 5305L kit, I also purchased the DBALL2 (Flashed with the xkloader2 for my vehicle) and the CHTHD2 wiring harness.
I followed the instructions on this site to do the installation (Using D2D and Remote Start Ready Instructions) and my Jeep remote starts just fine.
I discovered during the install that I had to wire the door locks through relays and they also work.
Remote Start Ready Instructions - See Page 9
My problem is that the LED on the Control Center / Antenna blinks 3 times then pauses 2 seconds then starts the cycle again. (Door Switch Trigger)
I have the (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT hooked up to both the dball2 and the 5305L per the instructions.
I hooked the BLACK/ white hood pin wire from the dball2 to the same ground that the 5305L is using.
NOTE: Jeep started with and without the above 2 wires being hooked up.
On the 5-Pin connector the following wires ARE hooked up:
01 - BLACK    (-) CHASSIS GROUND
03 - RED      (+) FUSED 12V DC CONSTANT INPUT
05 - WHITE    (+)/(-) SELECTABLE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT (FUSED)
On the 24-Pin connector the following wires ARE hooked up:
04 - BLACK / YELLOW (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT OUTPUT
13 - BLACK/ WHITE (-) PARKING BRAKE INPUT/EMERGENCY INPUT -
       Wired to ground with switch
15 - GREEN        (-) DOOR INPUT
I want to make some changes to the programming but can't until I get this problem taken care of.
Thanks for your help
Erv
SilverHobo
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2016 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ravendarat
Disconnect the black white wire from the Dball2 and see if that helps, that wire off the tharness shouldn't be grounded, thats a wire to use for the hood pin
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
silverhobo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2016 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silverhobo
Ravendarat wrote:
Disconnect the black white wire from the Dball2 and see if that helps, that wire off the tharness shouldn't be grounded, thats a wire to use for the hood pin
Ravendarat, Thanks for the Help!
OK, I unhooked the black / white wire from the dball to ground.
UPDATE: I had posted that I had wired the both of the (-) door trigger wires to my (-) door trigger, I realized late last night that I hadn't that and did so.
I hooked up the Shock Sensor to the 5305, after testing, I turned the adjustment all the way down.
I also hooked up the siren.
There has been no change in the LED on the Control Center / Antenna.
Is there a way to reset the 5305?
If so I will take the module out, reset it and start over.
SilverHobo

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic