the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Acura tl dball2/clifford 4706x problems (resolved)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bdubwiley 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2016 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
hello guys, i'm new here, from all the searching i've done this definitely seems to be the place i need to be. i installed a clifford 4706x remote start and dball2 d2d mode this weekend. i have been able to get the door locks to work perfectly, but having trouble with remote start. i can get the engine to turn over with the remote start but it never cranks, i've tried different methods with the key in the ignition and the only way i've seemed to get to remote start was with the key in the On position. it's got me stumped, was hoping someone here could help.
here is my wiring if it helps
Main Harness - 6 pin connector
h/1 - red - (+) 12VDC constant input - hooked to battery
h/2 - black - (-) chassis ground - hooked to battery
h/3 - brown - (-) 200mA horn honk output - NA
h/4 - WHITE/ brown - light flash isolation wire - NA
h/5 - white - pin 30 of light flash relay - NA
h/6 - orange - 500mA ground when armed output - NA
door lock 3 pin connector
1 - blue - 500mA (-) unlock output - NA
2 - empty
3 - green - 500ma (-) lock output - NA
Remote Start 8 pin connector
1 - RED / black - (+) 12vdc constant input for ACC and starter relays - Hooked to Red #4
2 - pink/black - (+) flex relay input 87a key side (if required) of flex relay - NA
3 - pink/white - (+) ignition 2 / flex relay output - hooked to WHITE/ red at ignition
4 - red - (+) 12vdc constant input for ignition 1 relay - hooked to white at ignition
5 - violet - (+) starter output - hooked to BLACK/ white at ignition
6 - orange - accessory output - hooked to BLACK/ red at ignition
7 - RED / white - (+) 12vdc constant input for ignition 2 and flex relays - hooked to Red #4
8 - pink - (+) ignition 1 input/output - hooked to BLACK / YELLOW at ignition
auxiliary/shutdown harness 24 pin connector
1 - pnk/white - (-) 200ma ignition 2/flex output - NA
2 - blue/white - (-) 200ma 2nd status/ rear defogger output -NA
3 - RED / white - (-) 200ma trunk release output - NA
4 - BLACK / YELLOW - (-) 200ma dome light output - NA
5 - dark blue - (-) 200ma status output - NA
6 - WHITE/ black - (-) 200ma aux 3 output - NA
7 - WHITE/ violet - (-) 200ma aux 1 output - NA
8 - ORANGE / black - (-) 200ma aux 4 output - NA
9 - gray - (-) hood pin input (nc or no) - NA
10 - blue - factory horn input - NA
11 - WHITE/ blue - activation input - NA
12 - violet/white - tachometer input - NA
13 - BLACK/ white - (-) neutral safety/parking brake input - hooked to h/2 ground from main harness
14 - GREEN/ black - (-) 200ma factory alarm disarm output - NA
15 - green - (-) door input - NA
16 - empty
17 - pink - (-) 200ma ignition input - Hooked to pink ignition (+) input from dball2 then hooked into pink #8 on remote start 8pin harness
18 - violet - (+) door input - NA
19 - violet/black - (-) 200ma aux 2 output - NA
20 - brown - (+) brake shutdown input - hooked to WHITE/ black at brake switch
21 - violet / YELLOW - (-) 200ma starter output - NA
22 - gray/black - (-) diesel wait to start - NA
23 - orange - (-) 200ma accessory output - NA
24- GREEN / WHITE - (-) 200ma factory alarm arm output - NA
DBALL2 - only wires used for D2D
- light green - single wire CAN - hooked to BROWN / black at fuse box 21pin
- ORANGE / red - security light - hooked to blue/orange - cut side of #5 pin wire on immobilizer connector
- yellow/red - security light - hooked to blue/orange - harness side of #5 pin wire on immobilizer connector
- ORANGE / black - immobilizer data - hooked to #2 pin wire on immobilizer connector
- pink - (+) ignition input - hooked to pink #17 wire on auxiliary/shutdown harness 24pin connector on clifford remote start - then hooked into pink #8 on remote start 8pin connector
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2016 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
Here is one problem :
auxiliary/shutdown harness 24 pin connector
17 - pink - (-) 200ma ignition input - Hooked to pink ignition (+) input from dball2 then hooked into pink #8 on remote start 8pin harness
Pin 17 Pink should not be connected to the thick (+) Pink or as a (+) Ign input to the DB-ALL2.
Hopefully this did not brick the Viper 4706 brain.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2016 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
You should also program the Viper Flex relay output as Accessory. Menu 3, Feature 8, Option 2.
Soldering is fun!
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2016 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
thank you, alright i'll unhook that. i see my mistake now. it shows on the dball type 1 Honda/Acura wiring instructions that the pink (+) ignition input on dball was supposed to hook to an (+) ignition 1 output on the remote start, then it has a line running to Connect to Vehicle. what would be the proper wiring for that then? i'm not seeing any kind of (+) ignition 1 output wire in my remote start wiring harness. all seems to be good with the brain, hopefully i've caught it before any damage would have taken place
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2016 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
alright i'll try to program that tomorrow as well. thanks for the quick replies and help, it's greatly appreciated
kreg357 
Posted: December 19, 2016 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the Viper Pink (-) Ignition wire is not used for your application.
Here is a photo of the BROWN / Black Single CAN wire :
2006 Acura tl dball2/clifford 4706x problems (resolved) -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2016 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
aight i'll tape that off.....so just wire the Pink (+) Ignition input from the dball2 to the #8 - pink - (+) ignition 1 input/output wire on the Remote Start 8 pin connector then?
for the BROWN / black single CAN wire you have pictured, i have the dball light green - single can wire hooked to.
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2016 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
well i went back tonight to double check my wiring,unhooked the pink from the viper, made sure my CAN and immobilizer wires had a good connection. still the same result though, remote start only turns the car over but will not start. i did notice that after pressing remote start on the fob, the dball would blink green 3 times, then would start blinking red and orange back and forth. don't know if the info about the dball color would help determine anything
kreg357 
Posted: December 20, 2016 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
You need to check the Viper Pink IGN1 output. Probably dead. Double check the fuses and all connections. If everything looks good, here is a work-around.
Program the Flex Relay back to IGN2 ( Menu 3, Feature 8, Option 1 ). Connect the Pink/White wire to the TL's BLACK / YELLOW IGN1 wire. Disconnect the Viper Pink wire. Leave the TL's WHITE/ Red ACC2 wire unpowered for now. Try a remote start. If it works you can buy a SPDT relay, use the Vipers (-) ACC output and power the ACC2 wire with the external relay.
Soldering is fun!
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2016 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
do i just need to check the pink ign 1 wire with a multimeter and see if i get a reading back?
i will give that work around a try tomorrow and see what i can get. to make sure i'm understanding right, don't want to mess anything else up, if it works then i can use the WHITE/ red ACC2 wire from the car to power the relay and hook to the #23 - orange - (-) ACC output wire on the 24 pin connecter?
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic