the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Acura tl dball2/clifford 4706x problems (resolved)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2016 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
You can test the thick Pink wire for a +12V output during a remote start attempt. I believe that it is dead and will not output the +12V signal. Assuming that is the case, the work around is your best hope ( short of a replacement brain ).
Did you try Engine Checking = OFF?
Soldering is fun!
bdubwiley 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2016 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
i'll test the pink wire again tomorrow when i can get to the shop and to my multimeter, because i only hit it with a test light on the wire and at the pin for the brain the other day and it showed power going to it. i'll have to try the engine checking as well. i'm just hoping the one careless mistake didn't cost me the brain. i'm almost st the point of just coughing up the $165 and ordering another clifford 4706x, wiring it the original way and seeing if that will fix my issue. just wanted to exhaust all options before i ordered another. would hate to order another one and still have the same problems and then not being able to return it.
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
tried the remote start shutdown/start up diagnostics. wired up the original way i get 3 and 4 flashes. wired up the work around i get 3 flashes.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
Tach issue? Have you tried programming to Engine Checking = Fixed as a test?
Soldering is fun!
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
i ran a tach wire to a fuel injector wire on friday, did learning the tach and got the constant led on the control center. just tried programming to engine checking = off and now i'm getting 4 flashes and 9 flashes
kreg357 
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
And this is with the "work around" wiring?
Soldering is fun!
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
just redid the learning the tach and got the constant led again. tried a remote start and got 3,4,9 flashes
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
yeah this is with the work around wiring
kreg357 
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
Did you test the thick Pink wire during a R/S?
Did you connect that thick Pink wire to the Pink/White wire through a diode?
Soldering is fun!
bdubwiley 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2016 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
i checked it with it wired in the original wiring and during a remote start it would jump way up to 20 then settle at 12v.
yeah i hooked it up through a diode but still the same results. i'm bout ready to pull my hair out with this thing and i know you probably are as well. i'm sorry for all the troubles but i definitely appreciate the help. i'm still pretty tempted on pulling the trigger on a factory refurbished Viper 4806V i found for $129.99 just to see if that fixes my problem.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic