the12volt.com spacer
icon

Prestige APS997E, Flashlogic FLcan DL-GM1, 01 Tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
asuna 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2016 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote asuna
First time installer here and im a tad baffled. I cant get the FLCAN to acknowledge my key during programming. Below is what i have hooked up currently, Note i did not hook up a few things with the APS997E due to convenience and courtesy of my Apartment complex.
FLCAN: Reset it, waited for Solid red for Programming, Turn key, Flashes Red, with Ign on and Ign Off
APS977E      TAHOE WIRE
POWER/STARTER 8 PIN
BLUE----------PINK
RED / WHITE-----RED
GREEN---------WHITE
PINK----------N/A
PURPLE--------ORANGE
RED-----------RED
YELLOW--------YELLOW
RED / BLACK-----N/A
4PIN 2nd MAIN
Black-------GROUNDED
WHITE/ Red----RED(on the APS997E)
WHITE/ black--Not Connected to siren
White---------Brown at BCM
26Pin Main
BLACK/ White (horn)N/A
Lt Green------Yellow/RED on FLCAN
GREEN/ ORG-----TACH at Cluster, WHITE
Brown---------TAN at BCM
BROWN / Blk-----White at Brake pedal
FLCAN
Yellow/Red----LT Green on APS977E
Brown---------GROUND
Orange--------OBDII PIN 2/VIOLET
Pink----------PINK AT APS977E Blue to Pink
Im not sure if Purple yellow and purple black need to be connected to the APS997E since I don't have sliding doors....I dont know what to hook them to.
Locks are not connected at this time
Shock Sensor is not connected at this time
This is driving me nuts... any help would be appreciated, and i would love to get this working before the next Ice-age in chicago
asuna 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2016 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote asuna
I do apologize, this is on a 2001 Tahoe
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2016 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
You didn't hook up the brown accessory 2 wire in the ignition harness...Did you omit this intentionally? I usually hook up all the ignition wires to emulate the key. I've seen this be an issue before--some years need it, others don't...easy enough to use the IGN 3 relay in the Audiovox--tie the thick 8 pin RED / black to 12V, thick 8 pin Pink (ign3) to brown Accessory 2 in the Tahoe. Program the aps997E ignition 3 to "Same as Accy".
Did you use the D2D cable between the FLCAN and the APS997E? If so, don't connect the FLCAN brown--Only the black connections from the guide need to be connected. I assume that the FLCAN is programmed with the correct firmware.
Reset the FLCAN (See guide).
Make sure the FLCAN is in Data mode, then program.
Hope this helps.
Lectric Guy
asuna 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2016 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote asuna
yes im using the d2d cable and am in data mode. I did not hook up Acc 2 yet. The wiring diagram i had didnt show a Acc2 so i didn't hook that up. Once i found this site and found the long list of Diagrams i checked and plan on hooking it up later. I am hoping it has the right firmware. theres a slight chance the seller i got it from didnt flash it correctly as i did request an 01 tahoe diagram and they sent me an 04 Cadillac Esculade sheet. Once i get paid i am probably going to have to reflash the thing to DL-GM1 as i requested. The FLCAN sheet shows my tahoe is a Type one Setup
AUTO-RELOCK (-) INPUT - BROWN (shows to Ground)
LEFT SLIDING DOOR (-) INPUT - PURPLE / YELLOW (shows to output to the Remote starter
RIGHT SLIDING DOOR (-) INPUT - PURPLE / BLACK shows to output to the Remote starter
YELLOW/RED - TRUNK STATUS (-) OUTPUT Shows to input of remote starter
ORANGE - DATA (J1850) (to data pin 2 on ODBII
PINK - IGNITION (+) INPUT (to Ignition output)
Are all listed as solid black lines.
When you say ignition wires to emulate the key...how do you mean?
bat9905 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2016 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
I'd power other accessory wire . Your vehicle and 04 escalade use same firmware . Everything your key does when ignition is on is what you want 997 e to emulate . After factory reset select data mode and don't forget to lock it in. Turn ignition on and then start led should go solid green then shut off on flcan . It's s pretty simple process with gm
bat9905
asuna 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2016 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote asuna
bat9905 wrote:
I'd power other accessory wire . Your vehicle and 04 escalade use same firmware . Everything your key does when ignition is on is what you want 997 e to emulate . After factory reset select data mode and don't forget to lock it in. Turn ignition on and then start led should go solid green then shut off on flcan . It's s pretty simple process with gm
but each one has a different wiring setup, i followed Type 1 for DL-GM1 i reset it, lock in data mode, and it doesn't Accept the key
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-GM1/FLC-AL(DL)-GM1_20111004.pdf
bat9905 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2016 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bat9905
Different wiring but same firmware . Re flashing would not make a difference . Could it be possible that it's not gm immobilizer based ? Or sometimes people use resistors to bypass . What happens when you attempt to remote start it ?
bat9905
asuna 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2016 at 3:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote asuna
Remote starter simulates key turn to acc, Radio and instrument cluster come on, lights (if dark, thank you GM autolights....) fuel pump turns on, turns over, fires for 1 second.....shuts down......remote system, attempts two more times, then remote states inhibit
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2016 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The no start condition sounds like a Passlock2 problem which is correct being as the FLCAN did not program properly to your
truck. Here are a few things to know and check.
1. The FLCAN must be flashed with the correct FLC-AL(DL)-GM1 firmware. From the factory they usually get flashed with the
    CH4 firmware. Take a look at the white sticker on the FLCAN package. If you have the ADS USB programming cable, you
    can check this and re-flash if necessary. If you don't have this cable, did you request that the FLCAN get flashed with
    the GM1 firmware prior to shipment?
2. In that year Tahoe, the FLCAM w/GM1 firmware only handles the Passlock2 bypass and provides a Tach signal. This is
    denoted in the Feature Chart on Page 2 of the Install Guide. While it does direct you to the Type 1 Install diagram
    on Page 5, it will not control the door locks, trunk, sliding doors nor provide door status, etc. Going D2D, the only
    FLCAN connections needed ( besides the D2D harness ) are the Pink and Orange wires for IGN and OBD2 data. The FLCAN
    will provide a Data Tach signal via the D2D harness but I would still hardwire the R/S to the trucks Tach wire at the
    instrument cluster.
3. If you are positive that the FLCAN has the correct firmware, try a Factory Reset, then do the Installation Mode programming
    and set it to one blink for Data Mode. Next follow the vehicle programming steps using the ignition key as shown on Page 9.
Soldering is fun!
asuna 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2016 at 4:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote asuna
kreg357 wrote:
The no start condition sounds like a Passlock2 problem which is correct being as the FLCAN did not program properly to your
truck. Here are a few things to know and check.
1. The FLCAN must be flashed with the correct FLC-AL(DL)-GM1 firmware. From the factory they usually get flashed with the
    CH4 firmware. Take a look at the white sticker on the FLCAN package. If you have the ADS USB programming cable, you
    can check this and re-flash if necessary. If you don't have this cable, did you request that the FLCAN get flashed with
    the GM1 firmware prior to shipment?
Do you mean this sticker? taht ha SW: FLC-AD(DL-CH4 2.5? Yes, i did request DL-GM1
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic