the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 4103 in my 94 chevy 1500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sevorix 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2017 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sevorix
Was working great, then the remote start went out and now it cranks with the key/key fob but won't fire. It's getting spark and fuel and has perfect compression... so I'm assuming it has to do with the avital4103 somehow.
I did the shutdown diagnostic and I'm getting hood pin shutdown or 5 blinks so I direct grounded the wire to the frame. Still same problem. Is anyone else having or had this issue!?!
Also the key fob quit cranking the motor but locks and unlocks work... I spent all day on this problem redoing wires and everything. I've read on some forums ppl use a bypass?!? With the avital4103 and other auto starts but don't believe one was installed on this truck. (Bought with it already installed)
Thebackyardmessup
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2017 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Try not grounding the hood pin wire. Is it a plunger/push pin type hood pin? Could be corroded and not working properly.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
sevorix 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2017 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sevorix
There was no good pin just a wire with a female flat plug attached to the hood. I've tried it plugged in/ grounded and unplugged still nothin
Thebackyardmessup
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2017 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
Just to clarify: the vehicle does or does not still start with the key?
A bypass is used for vehicles that have anti-theft systems that would otherwise interfere with remote start. None is required for a 1994 truck.
sevorix 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2017 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sevorix
The key cranks it but no start. The key fobs auto start function no longer works but I read since I messed around with the thing that after it runs I have to reprogram the auto start feature in a sequence of one push-3 pushes f the button.
Thank you for clearing the bypass up I figured it had to do with that
Thebackyardmessup
sevorix 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2017 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sevorix
Any ideas here guys? Messed around with it some more redid some wires still notta I'm so confused this old carbed 350 should fire without the damn auto start system but I even took that out and nothing. Now I'm starting to think it's the motor again... but it has the essentials- fuel, air, spark, and compression.
Thebackyardmessup
kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2017 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kaezoo
The 4103 is a very basic remote start system; it doesn't include any alarm features like a starter or ignition interrupt. If it's installed correctly, there's no way it could interfere with starting your truck with the key. I think your problem is somewhere else.
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2017 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
sevorix wrote:
Any ideas here guys? Messed around with it some more redid some wires still notta I'm so confused this old carbed 350 should fire without the damn auto start system but I even took that out and nothing. Now I'm starting to think it's the motor again... but it has the essentials- fuel, air, spark, and compression.
If the truck has an electric fuel pump test to make sure you have the right fuel pressure. If the truck has fuel injectors they do require certain fuel pressure to the injectors. Also disconnect the main wire harness of the RS and see if it cranks with the key. I'm pretty sure it wont because it does sound like something else is wrong with the truck itself.
sevorix 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2017 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sevorix
Sorry what exactly is an RS? The fuel pump was just replaced and ran fine for days but then I Parked it and now it ain't workin. Is there anyway to test the volts coming outs the ignition coil? I was told that even though it's getting spark it might not be getting enough?!?
Thebackyardmessup
tdbaker021 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2017 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tdbaker021
sevorix wrote:
Sorry what exactly is an RS? The fuel pump was just replaced and ran fine for days but then I Parked it and now it ain't workin. Is there anyway to test the volts coming outs the ignition coil? I was told that even though it's getting spark it might not be getting enough?!?
RS= Remote starter.
yes you cant test the coil but its highly unlikely to be a coil. Most Chevy's have a coil for each cylinder and can still run with 6 out of the 8 coils working. If you have been having issues with your fuel pump that's where I would start. I would test the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. You will need a test kit for that and you might be able to get a loaner from AutoZone. I do not think the problem you are having has anything to do with the remote starter. however, I'm not there with the truck so I cant say for sure...
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic