the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote start, 2016 Mustang, manual transmission

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ronemca 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2017 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ronemca
171004:
Guess what? Nothing - that's what! Come on, bypass builders!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2017 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes DEI at least but definitely Auto only!
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 04, 2017 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
usually October is the cut off point with new car updates for bypass module. You probably wont see anything till next February or March at the earliest. I'm kinda surprised dei at least doesn't have one for that car with having auto only one. I guessing it pts. I'm in the same boat, waiting on a 17 Hyundai voloster bypass.
shift_happens 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2017 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
All companies follow an OEM type install on the Ford Mustang, meaning, you are basically installing a starter using OEM configurations. Unfortunately there is no OEM remote start solution for a manual transmission Mustang.
There are ways to do this vehicle but it requires you to sacrifice a key since transponder bypass does not exist.
ronemca 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2017 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ronemca
Well...I would be quite willing to sacrifice a key...but the issue seems to be the 'is-it-in-neutral' [safety] factor. (more to come)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2017 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
So run with manual transmission reservation mode, hardwire and a 556U.
Or go Digital via a DB-ALL2/3 use the auto guide for wiring info and either key wrap or a 556U.
ronemca 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2017 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ronemca
Thank you! I’ll not pretend that I follow that exactly, but otoh I am not an installer. And I will most assuredly be hiring a pro to do this when the time comes.
That said, would you be willing to elaborate somewhat so that I understand more clear? Please?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2017 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Are you for real, I'm 71 years of age, not enough time left to explain but here goes.
Buy an R/S unit that's MT compatible, add a DB-ALL2/3 etc.
Use it in manual reservation mode.
The only real difference might be a relay etc. or grounding wire for the clutch switch.
ronemca 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2017 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ronemca
Thank you - I appreciate it. I’m 59, if that makes you feel any better! :) But I’m not shy about asking for help, nor do I believe that I’ve stopped learning yet!
Cheers!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic