the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 Toyota 4Runner Limited, alarm wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redman2 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2017 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redman2
I am looking into installing a remote start ( Evo-All) on a 2012 T4R Limited - Pusht-To-Start ( PTS). Found some wiring info at http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/2010-2012/toyota/4-runner/1948.html and was hoping someone can confirm not only the wiring but also the location of the plugs. For instance, I am not certain which one is the 7-pin ignition plug. There is also a 48 -pin plug on the driver kick panel I couldn't identify. I have attached actual pics for wiring at steering wheel, kick panel and ECU body ( driver side). All connectors in PIC 1,2,3 are labeled for easy reference ( Pic 1, Connector 2= ....)
I have also attached the wiring available in Evo-All guide and ... wires are not matching with diagram mentioned above. :(
Thanks in advance!
Lee
2012 Toyota 4Runner Limited, alarm wiring -- posted image.
redman2 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2017 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redman2
I thought it might help to have the wiring diagram labeled for easy reference. Below is the wiring chart from site listed above. I am hoping someone could at least provide PartID & PicNo-ConnectorNo match for IGNITION and STARTER wires. Once I get the info I will update the diagram column "PicNo-ConnectorID" and repost.
Thanks again!
shift_happens 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2017 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
Don't over think anything, the vehicle is started through data. All necessary wiring information is in the fortin installation guide. No other wires are needed aside from 12V and GROUND. Just because commandowiring is naming wires, does not mean you need them.
2012-T4R-PTS Pic2 : Number 3 connector has the (-)steering lock + (+)ignition sense
2012-T4R-PTS Pic3 : Number 3 connector Rx , Tx , and (-)Parking Lights
redman2 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2017 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redman2
Thanks for taking the time to reply! I have looked at Fortin's diagrams ( included both below) there is one ( 29991) for Remote Start install only and another one for Alarm +Remote start (16221). The only reason I am looking at Alarm + Remote start is because I'd like to add sensors ( shock and glass). I'll be adding an RF KIT ( AXX-RF2) too . Evo-All comes with 48 hr access to WireColor diagrams but they are not for my car ( all wires are shown/listed as being on passenger side behind glove compartment)..WireColors' concept is great but info is not accurate so...it's useless.
While I understand that I won't be needing all wires ( like it used to be for older cars) , it does help to confirm you have identified the connectors correctly :)
It looks like for Alarm +Remote Start I will need to tap into ignition and use a relay on the starter : another wire to ID as it is not shown on Fortin's diagrams. Maybe it is not needed because the smart key is required?
I searched online trying to ID the connectors and I am including a pic with all connectors. It would help if you ( someone) could confirm the info matches my car ( 2012 T4R LTD, PTS,NAV)
Thanks again!
shift_happens 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2017 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
1) Set your EVO-ALL options.
---> A-A11 ON
---> C1 ON
---> D1 ON (this makes the EVO-ALL a remote starter)
---> G ON (this is to turn on the EVO-ALARM feature)
---> H2 ON (this is to allow the Fortin RF-Kit to program to the EVO)
2) Follow the remote starter installation guide. (guide 29991)
3) Program the EVO to the vehicle as per guide 29991.
4) Connect and program the RF-KIT to the EVO-ALL (rf-kit programming guide)
5) Connect your sensors to where it says to in the Alarm guide. (16221) The PURPLE / White on the EVO is a dual-stage sensor input once the Alarm feature is enabled (option G)
redman2 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2017 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redman2
Thanks for the detailed info! What about the diagram posted on top of Evo guides? Is it correct? :)
shift_happens 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2017 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
The alarm guide covers ONLY alarm. It should be used ONLY to indicate what the outputs on the 20-pin connector will be once the alarm feature is enabled in the EVO. Minimal connection would be the HORN output. The rest is optional.
I wouldn't suggest doing a starter wire interrupt (starter-kill) in a push to start vehicle unless extremely familiar with the vehicles starting system. You need the smart key to start the car anyway.
So really, the only thing of importance to you in the ALARM guide is the horn output and the dual-stage sensor input (PURPLE / white wire). The rest of the installation is per the REMOTE STARTER installation guide.
redman2 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2017 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redman2
I got it! It makes perfect sense not to need the starter kill option for a PTS vehicles.
BTW, here is how I understood the system will work:
Option A: Evo-All configured as Remote Start only ( OEM alarm =ON): OEM remote will function like before Evo install and it will allow me to do RemoteStart (3xlock) . With Fortin/Evo remotes (2 way RF KIT) will be able to do the same thing + provide extended range and status update (2 way).
Option B: Evo-All configured for Alarm + Remote Start ( OEM alarm will be OFF) : not sure if the OEM remote will work for locking /unlocking or will I always need the Fortin/Evo remote to lock/unlock and remote start car?
I understand that, for both options, I still need to carry the OEM remote in order to start 2 drive the vehicle ( OEM remote not needed for remote start)
Would you please confirm I got this right?
Thanks!
shift_happens 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2017 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
If the vehicle has an OEM alarm, it will NOT be disabled. Even if the EVO-ALARM is ON, the OEM alarm is untouched. Aftermarket systems are in parallel with OEM systems.
The OEM remote needs to stay on you at all times. Just like normal.
The OEM remote retains all current features PLUS you will get two extra benefits now that you added an EVO-ALL.
1. You can remote start your car with the OEM remote (3x lock)
2. You can control the aftermarket alarm with the RF-Kit and the OEM remote.
The RF-KIT will also control everything as well (but at MUCH more range). OEM alarm, aftermarket alarm, aftermarket starter
Your options listed are pretty close.
Option 1: EVO-ALL as remote starter (controlled by either RF-KIT, OEM remote or both)
Option 2: EVO-ALL as Remote starter & Alarm (controlled by either RF-KIT, OEM remote or both)
redman2 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2017 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redman2
Thank you!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic