the12volt.com spacer
icon

2017 Ford Transit Custom UK Model, Viper 3305V

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the vuking 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2017 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Hi there everybody this is my first post here so please be easy on me lol I am in the UK and have a 2017 Ford Transit custom I dont think you get this model in the US but you do get the smaller transit connect and the larger transit vans. I am looking to fit a Viper 3305v alarm system in my van. So the question is do the data sheets that you can download from Bulldog security have the same colours and pin out at the BCM as the European supplied vehicles ?
Thanks
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 24, 2017 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Do you have a multimeter? Does Bulldog give you plug colors and pin locations? Are yours the same plug colors and have same color wires in same locations?
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2017 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Hi there yes I have a fluke meter so that side of things are covered I have not looked at the wiring yet as I purchased a new 2017 van which has to be exchanged as ive been sold a lemon but as soon as I get the new van I want to jump on it and get the viper installed Bulldod does give pin number/colour and plug number in there tech sheets so i guess i need to get familiar with the BCM
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2017 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
well I have just found a upload from howie II here for a ford Transit and by looking at the details in his upload and the bulldog security tech sheet it looks like the colours are the same so when the new van gets here will start the alarm install.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 25, 2017 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Ya gotta Love Howie
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2017 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Hi there guys i have the above vehicle that has a factory alarm fitted the van also has electric windows remote lock/unlock these vans here in the UK are very easy to get into to either steal the contents or be driven away. So Im looking at fitting a Viper 3305v along with a Field Disturbance Sensor/Programmable Voice System and a Digital Tilt Motion Sensor I would like to retain all the factory Convenience features the van has but would also like to roll the windows up on arming the alarm. I have been reading some great post here @ the12volt.com and have seen these alarms can be a minefield with all the different interfaces required for different options for specific vehicles. As you would has guessed this van has can bus so do i need a interface for the alarm installation and would this need to be programmed for my vehicle?
Thanks
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 28, 2017 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
i looked up a ford transit van on directects and changed it to Europe and here is what i got (it is different than the usa one)-
12 volts blue/red
starter blue/thite
ignition brown/yellow
all at igniton switch
power lock grey/yellow
power unlock violet/green
@ bcm brown plug
parking lights + green/orange violet/green brown/yellow white/orange
@bcm brown plug hook up all them
door trigger(s) -n.c. green/violet white green yellow
@bcm brown plug
trunk /hatch pin -n.c. brown/violet
same brown plug @bcm
hood pin -n.c. white/brown
same harness
horn trigger blue/white
@horn switch or fuse box blue harness
hope this helps!!
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2017 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Yes that is a great help will I need to install a bypass module on this install as I believe my van has a factory fitted immobiliser
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2017 at 3:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No you won't only need to by-pass the immobiliser if you're installing a remote start. you'll need a DB-All2 or 3 to complete the install, go off the CAN system but good luck there. Last Ford I had to hardwire.
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2017 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Thanks howie I off to Florida in the Morning for 3 week I will pick up all the alarm stuff that I have had sent to a family member that lives there then the fun will start
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic