the12volt.com spacer
icon

2017 Ford Transit Custom UK Model, Viper 3305V

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the vuking 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2017 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
I see that the DB-All2 needs to be flashed to suit my vehicle will this have to be done by a UK dealer or can a US dealer do this for my UK vehicle ?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2017 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Either, they all have access to all the software. I have access, times I've had to change to Euro or US, use later software etc. One question, is this a US or UK vehicle and you don't have to worry in either case about matching keys it's only an alarm.
Note the wiring on the UK version changed on the 2016 and later.
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2017 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Howie I have just been looking at the other transit post you have put a lot of time into you sure know your alarms. This is a UK 2017 Transit custom I have its a Euro 6 model so does that change what I may have to do to get this alarm up and running ?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2017 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I think this might do it but NOT SURE.
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/documents/dball2-ford13_en_ig_pga20161229.pdf.
The software is the same for both DB-ALL 2 & 3.
You're on your own with this one.
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2017 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Thanks for the tech sheet info Howie Im now back from Florida having survived Hurricane Irma with all my equipment. i have also been told im getting my van replaced by Ford so thats good news I do have a question for you and that is when the installers in the US are talking about the parking lights connection (White wire on primary harness) do we here in the UK connect this to our turn signal ?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2017 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes, we use direction indicators. North America is the only place that uses parking lights, everywhere else, indicators.
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2017 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Thanks howie I have just had the wiring out looking at it along with the DB All just to get my head around it all before I start the install. But I noticed I have a DB3 All does that differ in anyway ? and is the wiring diagram in the tech sheet link you posted stay the same as I see some of the ports and the setup light are in different positionson the DB3.
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2017 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Whoever sold you the DB3 should have flashed it for your vehicle and given you an install sheet.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2017 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Try this also I think where it refers to lights are the indicators:-
https://directechs.blob.core.windows.net/ddt/403-FORD13-1.02-ORI_2016-Transit_IG_EN_20170324.pdf
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2017 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Cheers Howie it did get flashed for my vehicle but I never got the data sheet for it so many thanks for that purchased online ebay store bigjeffsecurityonline
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic