the12volt.com spacer
icon

2017 Ford Transit Custom UK Model, Viper 3305V

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the vuking 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2017 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Howie I have been doing lots of reading and gaining plenty of knowledge here at the 12 volt I do have a question for you and that is I've seen it mentioned plenty of times about downloading you vehicles install sheet from DEI do you need to be a trade registered person to access these ? Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2017 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes but the link I gave you yesterday gives you all the info.
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2017 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Yeah I'm happy with that I have just been reading the post that you was trying to help a guy fitting a viper on a 2010 Elantra 22 pages long I must say you are a very patient Man did he get it working ? I gave up after reading up to page 10
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2017 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I think I wanted to strangle him! Now 71, more or less retired and life's too short!
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2017 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
im just doing more reading and making more notes just looking at the main unit on the 3305v I see there is a starter interrupt relay all wired up ready to recieve a + 12v (yellow wire) while the key is in the the run and crank positions and the other side of the coil gets a GWA signal so does this mean the Green and black relay wires sits at a NO position and NC whilst cranking and running ?
And on a side Note Howie did you know a guy called Laurie peach (LAP Motors) from Barnet ?
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2017 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
I can see that I have got my NO and NC reversed but im not able to edit just due to low post count But is this a feature that is done much with the alarm installation ?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2017 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Read the instructions you can wire them NC or NO connecting the yellow to ignition is mandatory.
Without looking doesn't the DB-ALL have an ignition output?
No sir although I'm next door in B/hamwood!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2017 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
I always connect, too many ways to enter a Trannie and start it via the OBD.
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2017 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
howie ll wrote:
Read the instructions you can wire them NC or NO connecting the yellow to ignition is mandatory.
Without looking doesn't the DB-ALL have an ignition output?
No sir although I'm next door in B/hamwood!
He had LAP Motors in B/hamwood just by the railway station it was a Ford dealers i thought you may have know him through your work I was born in Barnet myself and spent most of my life there thanks for the reply
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2017 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
just looking at wiring diagram and yes the DB3 does have a ignition output does this mean it will kill the starter when armed ? as this is just my second dabble with a car alarm it hard to grasp all of it at once and know what the DB3 will do to help make the install eaiser and what parts of the install it takes care of.The ignition output of the DB3 +yellow 14pin- pin7 looks to connect to DB3 10 pin-pin9 +pink ignition input and the ignition switch black 7pin pin1 it also goes up to the R/S + ignition output ? I believe I ignore this as I dont have a R/S ?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic