the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4105 2009 Chevy Aveo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dacker 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2017 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
Ok really getting frustrated here. Have an 09 Chevy Aveo and have some tons of research before starting this and decided to tackle it.... Not going to easy. Have a viper 4105 remote start. Have done the bypass pictured here.
I additionally have 12v running to both the 30a input wires. I also have the ground wire and neutral safety switch input wire grounded to the chassis. I have tried everything and for the life of me can't get the led to blink, come on, flash or anything. I realize none of the outputs are hooked up but no point in hooking them up if you can't even get power to the box.... Any ideas? Here is a link to the install guide as well. Thanks in advance! Dale
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/IG/Avital/N4103%25202012-01%2520web.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwi5spbXnYDWAhXD1CYKHQD7CCoQFgglMAA&usg=AFQjCNG5gQcuY8kwuqEd3EfDpmw7OX3RUQ
Viper 4105 2009 Chevy Aveo -- posted image.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2017 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
In order to get into programming you need the heavy pink hooked to ignition. The pink is what tells the system you turned the key on and off.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2017 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
Ok so pretty much any wire at the ignition that comes hot when I turn the key on will work? Also the 2 heavy purple wires should they both have got all the time to them or will just 1 be enough?
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2017 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
2 heavy purples ? Let me see if I can find the install diagram for that system. I have the 4103 install guide and there is only 1 heavy purple which is the starter output.
chev104275 
Posted: August 31, 2017 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Heavy Gauge Relay (H2), 6-pin connector
H2/1 goes to the orange ignition in the car
H2/2 goes to pin 85 on your diagram
H2/3 goes to lt green acc in car
H2/4 goes to red/black 12v in car
H2/5 not used
H2/6 goes to red/black 12v in car
The info came from bulldog security. Test and verify before connecting anything.
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2017 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
Ok did that and no change with the led.... However it is weird sometimes when I crank it it will not shut off until I undo the 12v constant hot wires (the 2 big ones).   Bottom line still absolutely nothing from the led even doing the sequence with the valet button and switch. What is minimum wires I have to have hooked to make sure the unit isn't a faulty one. Thanks again Dale
chev104275 
Posted: August 31, 2017 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
To get into programming you need power, ground, ignition
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2017 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
Sorry my bad not purple they are red was totally going off memory when wrote that. Here is the 4105 wiring diagram... Not sure how that crosses up the the h2 thing you sent me but the way I understand what your saying is if I have constant 12v going to the 2 red wires (#s 4 and 6 in the diagram) the pink wire (#1) going to an ignition source , the #8 on the 9 pin harness grounded to the chassis I should at a minimum be getting some action from the led is this correct?
chev104275 
Posted: September 01, 2017 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
It might flash depending what mode your in. Can you get into programming ? The LED should flash the menu your in.
dacker 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2017 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dacker
No I can't get it to do anything... I'm wondering if one of the wires on the 9 pin harness needs be hot too in order for it to work.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic