the12volt.com spacer
icon

Python 4806P w/ DBALL2 Module Programming Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sillywilly 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2017 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sillywilly
Installed Python 4806P with a Dball2 on a 2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x with automatic trans. I wired it up per Dball2 (firmware NISS1HT) Xpresskit wiring diagram. I connected all of the black solid lines and none of the dashed blue lines. Following the Module Programming steps, I got the following results: 1) LED turns ON solid red 2) Inserted and turned key to IGN and LED flashes orange
Here I encountered a problem in step 3) Turned key to OFF - LED continued to flash orange, then key to IGN position and LED continued to flash orange. LED should be solid green for 3 seconds. Side note: (When the key is inserted and in IGN position, none of the instrument panel lights illuminate)
I looked under LED diagnostics in the XpressKit guide and "Flashes Orange" indicates "All required CAN networks detected" "Normal Operation"
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here are the connections I made per the Xpresskit diagram.
Python 8pin Red/black to Ign switch green (+12V)
Python 8pin Red to Ign switch green (+12V)
Python 8pin violet to Ign switch gray (starter)
Python 8pin Pink to Ign swithch white/green (Ignition)
Python 8pin Orange to Ign switch red (accessory)
Python 8pin pink/black and pink/white - no connection
Python 6pin red to Ign switch green (+12V)
Python 6pin black to chassis ground
Python 6pin other wires no connection
Python 3pin door lock no connection
Python 4pin D2D connected to Dball2
Python 24pin aux/shutdown - only connected gray to hood pin switch
Dball2 black 10pin no connections
Dball2 blue 14 pin connector
- tan/black to OBDII pin 6 (HS CAN high)
- tan to OBDII pin 14 (HS CAN lo)
- yellow to vehicle side of cut wire from NATS pin 4
- orange/yellow to key side of cut wire from NATS pin 4
Dball2 red 12 pin connector
- green/black to BCM pin 33
- yellow/black to NATS pin 2
- orange/black to vehicle side of cut wire from NATS pin 4
Dball2 black 10pin - no connections
Dball2 4pin D2D to Python D2D
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2017 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Does the car start and run with the key?
sillywilly 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2017 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sillywilly
No. When I insert the key and turn to the ignition position, there are no instrument lights that come on. If I turn the ignition switch to "start" nothing happens.
Thanks for your quick response!
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2017 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
does the radio come on when you turn the car on?
sillywilly 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2017 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sillywilly
Thanks again for your quick response!
No. Radio does not work
Here's what happens:
1) The Nissan red security light on instrument panel is blinking and the dome lights are on. LED on DBALL2 is red.
2) Insert key: LED on DBALL2 blinks orange
3) Turn key to IGN or START. NOTHING happens. No radio. No instrument lights.
4) Remove key: door unlock activates
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2017 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Start checking fuses. My guess is that you don't have 12v at the ignition switch.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2017 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Very common on Nissans and Hondas, check fuses at either battery or engine bay fusebox.
sillywilly 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2017 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sillywilly
Thank you very much for making me check the obvious! I feel very humbled now!
I checked the fuses. Everything was ok. I rechecked all my connections and found the white 6-pin Ignition switch connector not fully seated. When I pushed it in, I heard it click. I can't believe I missed something so elementary. Thank you for making me go check the obvious.
I am now onto my next issue. I hope you have continued patience with me.
I am now testing out the system.
1) When I press the unlock button on the 1-way LED remote, the parking lights flash 2 times. (I did not see any diagnostics for this in the manual)
2) When I press the lock button on the remote, the parking lights flash 11 times. (I did not see any diagnostics for this in the manual)
3) When I press the start button on the remote, the parking lights flash 8 times. Diagnostics indicate "neutral safety wire has no ground or the neutral safety switch is OFF"
I noticed that under Feature Menus that Menu 3 - remote start - Item 1 lists the default for transmission mode as Opt 1 "Manual". I did not connect "clutch output" or "clutch input" on the DBALL2 because I have an automatic transmission.
Was this an error on my part? Do I need to connect these or do I need to reprogram the default on Menu 3 Item 1 to Opt 2 "Automatic"?
Thanks with sincere appreciation for all your time and patience!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2017 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Program for auto; connect black/white to ground.
sillywilly 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2017 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sillywilly
The challenge continues.
Programmed auto. Retested. No change.
Connected Black/White wire to ground. Retested. Now when I press the remote start button, the parking lights begin flashing and will not stop unless I disconnect the battery. Reconnected battery. Retested. Same results.
Thanks again for your time and input helping me!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic