the12volt.com spacer
icon

Python 4806P w/ DBALL2 Module Programming Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2017 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
The only time I've ever seen a directed piece flash the parking lights indefinitely is when the ground is bad or not hooked up and the unit is pulling a ground from one if it's outputs (like the park light wire). The remote start tries to start, loses power then due to rapid resume logic, remembers it's supposed to be starting and starts the process all over again. That was the long way to tell you to check/change your ground.
sillywilly 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2017 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sillywilly
Wow, I'm so impressed that you guys keep hanging in there with me in trouble shooting this install.
Here's where I'm at: Rechecked, grounding looked good but redid grounding anyway. No change in symptoms, so I thought what if the original power connector issue had not allowed the module to be programmed correctly. So I did a soft reset and tried the module programming again. My results: 1) solid red 2) insert key and turn to IGN position: results - flashes orange then 3x red flashes. I looked up 3x red flashes and error code is listed as "bypass data not detected". So, I checked bypass line connections. Verified not inverted. Verified good connections. Vehicle still operates correctly with key. (side note: when i ignored the 3x orange flashes and turned the key to the OFF position and then back to IGN to verify key start still works, LED turned green for 3 seconds and then off - like a normal programming sequence)
So I'm at a stop again. I'm done for today, but tomorrow I'll re-check the "bypass lines" again.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks again for taking the time to continue to give my advice. Very much appreciated!
sillywilly 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2017 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sillywilly
Rechecked "bypass lines" again and they all looked good.
Is it normal for the Module Programming to go solid green for 3 sec and then off (normal sequence) if I ignore the 3x red flashes at the end of step 2 and go on to step 3 where I turn off the IGN and back ON? Shouldn't it stay at 3x red flashes if the problem with the bypass lines is still present?
sillywilly 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2017 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sillywilly
A follow-on to my last question: If the vehicle starts with the key, then the "immobilizer data" from pin 4 on the NATS connector is being passed through the DBALL (input 14pin pin 9 and output pin 8) - correct?
If this is the case, then the 3x red led flashing (error code "bypass data not detected") during Module Programming doesn't make sense to me.
sillywilly 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2017 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sillywilly
A clarification to my last post: my question stems from the Immobilizer Data line from the NATS Antenna Connector pin 4 being cut and the key side being connected to DBALL Data input pin 9 on the 14 pin connector and the output pin 8 on the 14 pin connector to the vehicle side of the cut wire. Therefore it seems the data has to go through the DBALL when the key is used in the ignition switch. So it seems the "bypass data" is getting to the DBALL module.
sillywilly 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2017 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sillywilly
I hope I haven't worn out my welcome here and asked too many questions. I truly appreciate the time those have spent answering my questions so far. I hope my experiences during this install will help someone else in the future.
So one last question before I replace the DBall module. All of the installation instructions and diagrams I got with the DBALL module are labeled "DBALL2 Firmware NISS1HT XPRESSKIT Rev 201725". Looking at the actual module, it is labeled "DB3", which is supposedly a replacement for the DB2.
Does anyone know if the wiring diagrams listed in the XPRESSKIT Rev 201725, which pictures a DBALL2, are still good for the DB3?
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2017 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
The Db-all is not the issue here as they are a little finicky when learning on Nissans. To prove this theory, unplug the Db-3, temporarily reconnect the cut Immobilizer wire and try the remote start. I'll bet you have the same issue. If so, we need to focus on what's wrong with the remote start.
sillywilly 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2017 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sillywilly
Thanks beegbie for your input. I came to the same conclusion over the last couple of days of t/s and so I returned the remote start. I'll let you know the results when I get a new one installed.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2017 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Have you checked for a Starter 2 wire and an Accessory 2 Wire? Omega wiring lists those as Starter 2, Pin 6, Light Green. Accessory 2, Pin 5 Green/Yellow. I didn't see those connections on your post.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
sillywilly 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2017 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sillywilly
Thanks smokeman1 for your input. I came to the same conclusion as beegbie over the last couple of days of t/s and so I returned the remote start. I'll let you know the results when I get a new one installed.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic