the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Yaris Clifford 4105x Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2017 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
No, could I suggest again that you check the 4105 outputs where you've made your connections or again test voltages, I really don't want like the idea of how you've made them.
govtec 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2017 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote govtec
Will do. I don't know much about electrical testing so I'll have to read up on how to do that. Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2017 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Bog standard Digital multimeter (DMM) set to 20VDC. black probe to ground, red probe to your connections, check voltage also system check between fuses and ground as stated before.
Do this at the ignition switch plug.
Test each output, IGN, ACC then starter wires.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2017 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
This could be the issue. "There are 2 small green wires for the brake on the car side. I only connected one of the green wires. Should I connect the brown from the remote start to both green brake wires? Will that make a difference?"
You should be testing wires before tapping into them. The brake wire needs to rest at ground and go to 12v when the brake is pressed. Color doesn't mean anything. Do not trust cheat sheets. Test all wires before connecting.
govtec 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2017 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote govtec
Good news. My dad got around to soldering the connections earlier today and the remote start now works. I think the connections were loose with me using tape to hold the wires in place.
Thanks guys! I'll take your advice to test out the wires and connections next time.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2017 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Colour me surprised.
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic