the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Yaris Clifford 4105x Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
govtec 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2017 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote govtec
Hey guys,
I just finished wiring up Clifford 4105x remote start in an automatic 07 Toyota Yaris Hatchback with power doors/windows and no key immobilizer. Only the door lock/unlock responds to the Clifford remote. I can't seem to get remote start/horn/parking lights to work. I wired the system as per the wiring diagram posted by another member in the Yaris forum. I also did the tach learning steps after the installation. Any advice you can offer? Thanks
I marked the wires that I used with a dot...
2007 Yaris Clifford 4105x Remote Start -- posted image.
This is the wiring diagram that I used to connect the wires to the vehicle...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=14&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiu5vXW-LTWAhVIyyYKHUPxCg84ChAWCPkBMAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fifixit-documents.s3.amazonaws.com%2FvJhOZL3c25bBXqJ5.pdf&usg=AFQjCNG1CCxRVfl-_bpa_Goyj6LelJKoLg
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2017 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Ground the black/white wire, you should also hook up the other red to 12v
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
govtec 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2017 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote govtec
chev104275 wrote:
Ground the black/white wire, you should also hook up the other red to 12v
Yes, I forgot to mention that I combined the 2 reds and hooked it up to 12v. I read somewhere about grounding the black/white wire but the direction in the pdf file wasn't explicit in this regard. I'll give this a shot over the weekend and will let you know.
Thanks!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2017 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Blue Status wire needs to go to the yellow keysense, otherwise you won't be able to lock/unlock vehicle when R/Start is on. If you needed to use that in a an immobiliser by-pass module use the blue/white instead.
Out of interest where are you because in many markets e.g. Europe, Canada this vehicle has an immobiliser.
govtec 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2017 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote govtec
howie ll wrote:
Blue Status wire needs to go to the yellow keysense, otherwise you won't be able to lock/unlock vehicle when R/Start is on. If you needed to use that in a an immobiliser by-pass module use the blue/white instead.
Out of interest where are you because in many markets e.g. Europe, Canada this vehicle has an immobiliser.
I'll connect the blue status wire as well in addition to the previous post. Anything else? I'm located in United States and the vehicle does not have immobilizer.
govtec 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2017 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote govtec
I just connected the blue status to yellow keysense and grounded the black/white wire but it's still not starting. I ran the remote start shutdown diagnostics and the led flashed 3 times. How do I resolve "Low or no rpm, low battery"? Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2017 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Have you programmed for tach rather than virtual tach?
If so from where did you obtain tach?
Also power the two reds from the thick white at the internal fuse box.
Test voltage between unit side of fuses and ground.
govtec 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2017 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote govtec
I've programmed the tach manually.
See picture of the tach connection. It is connected to the OBD port (light green wire for my 07 Yaris).
See picture for the power I tapped into the unused terminal in the fuse box that was indicated in the pdf file of my first post. Where is the location of the thick white wire your speaking of? I can try that.
govtec 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2017 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote govtec
I got the parking lights to work after I installed the jumpers on the main unit but I don't believe my horn is working either as I don't hear it beeping when I try to get into programming mode.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2017 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You're OK with power and tach, to where have you grounded it?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic