the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Forester, Avital 4105

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
muncleike 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2017 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote muncleike
Hi! names MIke from NY. just joined to ask a few questions. I am putting a remote starter in my 2010 forester an Avital 4105 with a DB3 data bus interface (Directed). I was an installer back in the 90's but that when the chipped keys just started to come out. anyhow I have a question, what is this chip that is tapped to my remote start? its under the red tape. I don't see it going into anything. 2010 Forester, Avital 4105 -- posted image.
also am I suppose to twist these like this for the immobilizer data connections? 2010 Forester, Avital 4105 -- posted image.
any help would be great. the guy I bought the db3 from programed it so I am hoping it works ok if not I am up the creek.
muncleike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2017 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote muncleike
sorry the pics are so large lol
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2017 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
It's a jumper/shunt for selecting parking light polarity?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2017 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes, Parking Light jumper.
2010 Forester, Avital 4105 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
muncleike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2017 at 5:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote muncleike
oh ty much! I don't know why they don't mention this somewhere in the paperwork.
muncleike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2017 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote muncleike
No help on the immobilizer wire? Anybody?somebody?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2017 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Twist? Never. Always solder.
All of the bypass manufacturers are doing that vehicle pretty much the same way.   Both of the
shown IMMO wires get cut and joined together along with a wire or two from the bypass module.
In the case of your chosen bypass module, follow the install guide wiring diagram exactly. All
those connections should be properly soldered and insulated. In this case you could easily use
heat shrink tube instead of Scotch Super 33+ tape.
Soldering is fun!
muncleike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2017 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote muncleike
thank you, I just wanted to be sure I had it write. I think I need to get it reflashed, I hear the door lock relays in the bypass clicking when I hit the remote but nothing happens and the car don't start, going to play with it some more tomorrow. ty
muncleike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2017 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote muncleike
right**
muncleike 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2017 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote muncleike
ok so if I can get a little more help on wiring a relay. its not even attempting to start, so I was checking things over and but my test light to 85 (-starter 2 output) it had a dim light ( little power) while off. I tried starting ti with the test light still touching 85 and it cranked over but shut off after a second. now I am wondering if I need to wire the relay differently. this is what the immobilizer bypass diagram has.
So I found this in the forums and wonder if its a better option.
I wouldn't think 85 should have + voltage on it when the car is off at any time. any help would be great.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic