the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 Impreza, Fortin EVO-ONE

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2017 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 4327814
I have a 2016 Subaru Impreza with a standard key ignition. I installed a Fortin EVO-ONE with the T-Harness and RF kit over the weekend. Everything is working great, but just one small minor thing.
It seems like the RF kit (fortin) key fob doesn't lock or unlock the doors when the remote start is running. If I start it remotely, I have to use the factory OEM key fob to unlock the doors to get into the vehicle. Additionally, the remote start should lock the door after it's remote started but this doesn't work either. If I press a button on the aftermarket fob, the parking lights flash like it should unlock the doors but it just doesn't.
It's as if the lock/unlock function is disabled through the EVO-ONE while the car is remote started.
I was wondering if anybody has experienced this before or have any suggestions on what to look for or program.
Thank you in advanced!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2017 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You might want to verify that you have the EVO-ONE's connections to the cut Door Lock Data wire
correct and not reversed. The A20 Light Blue wires goes to the connector side of the cut.
Soldering is fun!
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2017 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 4327814
kreg357 wrote:
You might want to verify that you have the EVO-ONE's connections to the cut Door Lock Data wire
correct and not reversed. The A20 Light Blue wires goes to the connector side of the cut.
Thanks for the response. I'll check this out tonight. I'm almost positive that I got it wired up correctly but I'm only human.
I'm not sure what your experience is, but do you know if this should properly work on a 2016 Impreza (the unlock while running)?
Thanks!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2017 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
It should but not positive. I use iDatalink modules on these cars. Recently did a 2012 Impreza with a
Compustar CS800-s unit and an ADS AL-CA bypass module. Similar vehicle connections. Worked flawlessly.
Soldering is fun!
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2017 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 4327814
kreg357 wrote:
It should but not positive. I use iDatalink modules on these cars. Recently did a 2012 Impreza with a
Compustar CS800-s unit and an ADS AL-CA bypass module. Similar vehicle connections. Worked flawlessly.
Thanks! I'll take a look at it tonight. Luckily, that plug that controls the door data was the last one on the BCM. I'm hoping that maybe I can pull it out without taking half the dash apart tonight.
Worst case, I can probably pop off that panel in front of the fuse box, remove part of the fuse box, and get to the bcm again.
Interesting... I'm just thinking about this more and you may be onto something. When the car is not remote started, the blue led flashes on the EVO-ONE unit with the lock/unlock, meaning there's data going across the can bus. When it's remote started, no blue light, meaning no data going across the can bus but the parking lights flash. So maybe it's relying on the door lock data wires to lock the door while it's running, but maybe I reversed them so it can't.
Man, I would feel stupid if I reversed the wires, but I'll let you know anyways. :)
Thanks!!
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2017 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dcman41
deleted
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2017 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 4327814
OK, I just checked and they are wired as they should. Light blue and white/red to the bcm side adn white/green to the car side.
Any other ideas that I can check? Thanks in advanced.
kreg357 
Posted: November 20, 2017 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Sorry, while I've used a bunch of EVO-ALL's, I've never used a EVO-ONE. I have found
Fortin's Tech Support very helpful, if another Forum member doesn't chime in.
Soldering is fun!
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2017 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 4327814
kreg357 wrote:
Sorry, while I've used a bunch of EVO-ALL's, I've never used a EVO-ONE. I have found
Fortin's Tech Support very helpful, if another Forum member doesn't chime in.
I sent an E-Mail off to them yesterday and the rep was helpful in giving me a few ideas. I checked my door wiring and it is indeed wired up correctly. I sent him a response with the information he requested and now just waiting to hear back.
I'm hoping that it's something like a firmware update, but we'll see. I'm getting tired of digging around under the dash. :)
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2017 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 4327814
I have a 2016 Impreza and installed a Fortin EVO-One in it the other day. I've been having a few issues (like it not working) with the car locking and unlocking with the aftermarket FOB. I've been in contact with the company and they wanted me to wire into the analog doorlock wires.
The tech gave the following information:
Negative Lock
Light Green / Black
White Connector in Driver Kick Panel
Negative Unlock
Blue / Black
White Connector in Driver Kick Panel
Unfortunately, I kind of think there's a lot of wires and numerous white connectors in the driver kick panel. I haven't checked, but just from poking around in there, I think it will be somewhat difficult to locate.
Does anybody happen to have a reference diagram or picture of a more specific area to look?
Thanks!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic