the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Viper Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2017 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
sparxx_513 wrote:
Can the bypass be in D2D but still use the W2W Tach? Gonna try to get it figured out on Thursday. Thanks for the help Kreg.
Yes, while I don't use a lot of Viper units, I have read that you can go to D2D and hardwire certain Viper inputs like the Brake and Tach signals.
Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2017 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
They've changed it Kreg, doing an 08 3 Series BMW last week, you can't select individual items any more, also that you could flash program comfort close, convertible roof up and down, had to manually program them on the DB-ALL.
sparxx_513 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2017 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx_513
Tried it again this morning, refelashed the module, and set to data. The door locks work fine, door input works fine and the car starts with the key as normal. Tach learn process seems to be working, get the led on steady and hear relays click when I releases the switcH.
Starter still stays engaged, and after a few seconds the car quits running and starter stays cranking engine until I abort the start from the remote.
Any ideas?
sparxx513 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2017 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx513
Good to news to report, got everything working earlier today. I hate to say but i had a wire two wires backwards from the bypass to the skim. The one wire that is cut,had them backwards. Appreciate both of you guys and all your info.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2017 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
It happens. Did an 08 Suburban today. Checked over the bench prepped R/S & bypass before install fortunately
and noticed I forgot to include a very important wire ( SWC ) in the steering column bundle... 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Viper Remote Start - Page 2 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
sparxx_513 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2017 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx_513
Good times huh lol, any tips on a 2015 Dodge Dart? That’s ones next l.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic