the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote start cant change settings?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bill7774 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2017 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
I'm gonna go back and check all my wiring. I found a video on this model and realized I didn't hook up the orange accessory wire.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2017 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Won't make any difference.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2017 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Check to see if there are two starter wires at the ignition switch. And BTW, do tach learn as soon as it's wired up.
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2017 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
Hello again. Sorry been sick and busy with Christmas. From all my research there is only suppose to be one starter wire. I hooked up all the wires underneath and the ignition switch takes a lot of work to access so I didnt physically check. I did do a tach learn. I have acquired a bitwriter. Its now setup for a manual trans and tach. I sill cant do a remote start takeover. The error is 8 flashes. Neutral safety shutdown. Not really sure what to check on this. I assume I need to ground a wire but cant find info on it. One other thing. I have the, ground when running, wire hooked to the door lock module and to a relay for the clutch bypass. Does that need diode isolated or does it matter?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2017 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Black/white wire on 24 pin plug to ground or to parking brake switch if manual.
Why in heaven's name do you have the GWR wire hooked to the door lock module?
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2017 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
Thanks. I have verified I have ground on the black/white wire when the e-brake is engaged. I also verified the toggle switch is on for the remote start. I was researching last night and one person contacted viper with the same issue and was told there where several defective brains that had the same problem. I am not sure they where the same model # but I am leaning toward that unless you have an idea on what else it could be. The GRW is supposed to be hooked up to the module per the flashlogic install guide.
Remote start cant change settings? - Page 2 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2017 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You wrote door lock module that's why I questioned it, also you should have 2 status or GWR wires, the dark blue and a blue/white so the diode isn't needed.
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2017 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
I was actually going to use the blue/white for the rear defroster. I will plan to use the dark blue and diode isolate for my GWR. I was a little confused on that. I was tossing around the idea of using the blue/white wire for the rear defroster and heated seats. The defroster is a +latched. If I understand correctly I will need to switch polarity with a relay and will have + 12v for the preset time to power the rear defroster when the temp is below 55 deg. My thinking is that I can also use this relay to power the heated seats at the same time. Does that sound correct?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2017 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Yes.
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2018 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
I purchased a new viper brain to test my defect theory. Apparently that's not it. Same 8 flashes. I put the old one back in. I set it up for auto trans and still get the neutral safety error. I even tried to hard wire it to ground. My thought at this point is maybe something is hooked up wrong with the flashlogic module. I am thinking about taking it out completely for testing purposes. Get it down to the basic wiring. I know from experience a VW can do some strange things when something isn't hooked up properly (fixed a bad radio install once). Any other suggestions?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic