the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote start cant change settings?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bill7774 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2018 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
Thanks, that makes sense. The arm/ disarm is the same wire with a resistor. If I just hook up the disarm wire with the proper resistor I don't need a relay do I?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 3:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Menu 3
Item 16 Remote start SAFE LOCK
Option 1 ON
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
It'll probably work fine without a relay. I've read sometimes the output transistor can throw off the value too much, but if that happens you can use a relay.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Forget it and do what I said.
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
Thanks, that was much easier. I think it worked Remote start cant change settings? - Page 4 -- posted image.
Is there a way to fix the same problem on a Megalarm MEGA2400? Thats whats in my other VW Jetta.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Only if you show the install sheet or programming.
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
Remote start cant change settings? - Page 4 -- posted image.Remote start cant change settings? - Page 4 -- posted image.Remote start cant change settings? - Page 4 -- posted image.
bill7774 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2018 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bill7774
I think I figured it out. There is a wire that needs to be programmed to disarm the factory alarm. It gets hooked to the unlock wire and sends a negative signal when the remote start is activated. I don't remember programing it so I'm guessing I probably didn't hook it up. :).
Page of 4

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic