icon

2018 Toyota Sienna LE Keypad Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jangelj 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2018 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
I am looking to install a keypad on my 2018 Toyota Sienna LE (with key...NOT push button start). The one I have is similar to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Accele-RS505-Numeric-Touchpad-Keyless/dp/B01IDX2EO0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1519403804&sr=8-4&keywords=car+keypad&dpID=41qro0Bp58L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
Can anyone help me out with a wiring diagram for my vehicle? I'm thinking I just need POS, NEG, Door Unlock, door lock and alarm disarm wires?
There are instructions for the keypad here (not my post, but has a picture of install page).
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/accele-rs505-keyless-entry-install.347288/
Does anyone know if the 2018 wiring is the same as the 2017 model? Maybe I can refer to 2017 diagram, if I can find one.
Thanks for any help!
thanks!
l_walker 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2018 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
Did you ever find out how to do this? I just ordered the same kit.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2018 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
What exact Year, Make and Model are you planning to install this in?
Soldering is fun!
l_walker 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2018 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
2018 Toyota Sienna LE FWD
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2018 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
I can't find any solid info on the 2018 Sienna but it appears to be similar to the 2017 model
in most areas. The following info is good for a 2017 so you must locate, test and verify it on
a 2018. As far as I know, the Sienna LE model does not have a Factory Alarm or power Rear Hatch.
Constant 12 volts WHITE (140A) DRIVER DASH FUSE BOX WHITE 1 PIN CONN or thick Red @ Ignition Switch Plug, middle pin   *
Parking Lamp (+)        GREEN (+)             @ DRIVER DASH FUSE BOX
Lock          BLACK (-)        @ BODY ECU WHITE 30 PIN CONN, PIN 9
Unlock      GREEN (-)        @ BODY ECU WHITE 30 PIN CONN, PIN 10
Pwr Sliding Door Left      YELLOW (-)          @ BODY ECU - WHITE 28 PIN CONNECTOR PIN 16 *
Pwr Sliding Door Right    VIOLET (-)           @ BODY ECU - WHITE 28 PIN CONN, PIN 18   *
* Verified on 2018 model.
ADD ON unit wiring.
Green/White to Chassis Ground
Green/Yellow to (-) Lock
Blue/White to Chassis Ground
Blue/Yellow to (-) Unlock
Black to Chassis Ground
Red to either +12V Constant listed above
Yellow to (+) Parking Light
Purple to Sliding Door
Yellow/Black to other Sliding Door
Soldering is fun!
l_walker 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2018 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
This works! You Rock!
The only thing I can't figure out is the Parking Lamp. You said:
Parking Lamp (+) GREEN (+) @ DRIVER DASH FUSE BOX
But, for the life of me, I cannot figure out where that is. I don't see a distinct green wire going into the driver's fuse box. I took a few pics of the area:
https://imgur.com/a/vyXtGVw
(I also included some snapshots of the EWD for the "Turn Signal and Hazard Warning Light" from TIS for the 2018. Dunno if that helps.)
kreg357 
Posted: April 22, 2018 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
Most installers use the (-) Parking Light wire. The (-) Parking Light wire is very easy to find at the Headlight switch
connector. Your PKE unit only supplies (+) Parking Light outputs but you can get around that if you want. All that is
needed is a SPDT relay to convert the (+) Parking Light output to a (-) signal. Here is the info :
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )    YELLOW (-)    @ Headlight connector, Pin 18 of 20.
Photo of headlight switch plug.
2018 Toyota Sienna LE Keypad Install -- posted image.
You can test for this wire by using a Digital Multi Meter set to 20V DC. Connect the Red lead to +12V constant
and connect the Black lead to the suspect Yellow wire. With the switch in the OFF position you will read 0V. With
the switch set to Parking Lights you will read +12V. Here is the relay wiring :
Relay Pin 86 to either Yellow (+) Parking Light output wire from PKE unit
Relay Pin 85 to Chassis Ground
Relay Pin 87 to Chassis Ground through 2 amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Yellow (-) Parking Light wire at Sienna Headlight switch connector
Relay Pin 87a - not used - insulate
I use mini-relays rated at 10 amps for this type circuit. They can be found on EBay for around $1 but require
some soldering to add the needed wires.
If you want a mini relay that comes pre-wired, look for a Directed
8616. You can also use the larger 30/40 Amp relays.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: April 22, 2018 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
I'd also be willing to bet that you could get the (-) Parking Lights at the Body ECU.
It should be the Yellow wire indicated in your revised photo below :
Soldering is fun!
l_walker 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2018 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
Cool. Thanks!
Also, if anyone else is looking at this. Here are the other connections that worked for me
jangelj 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2018 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for sharing. I still have not ordered my keypad. But I'm curious what you needed the 2 sliding door wires for?
thanks!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic