the12volt.com spacer
icon

Compustar 2W901R-SS Battery

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Lubrano 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2018 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
Need to replace the battery in a 2w901r-ss remote. If I had to guess I would say the remote has been in operation for about 5 years. It does not hold a charge anymore. Hoping someone here has opened one of these up and replaced the rechargable battery. If so, any help would be greatly appreciated. What battery to use? How did you do it? Thank you.
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 29, 2018 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
Compustar 2W901R-SS Manual
From the manual... First, remove the small Phillips screw located on the back of the remote. Once the screw has been removed, gently pull the remote apart taking care to not damage the circuit board. Your battery size will be listed on the battery.
You can probably find replacement batteries on eBay or Amazon.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2018 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
The instruction you gave me is for the one way remote.
2W901R-SS:
First, release the cover on the bottom of the remote. Connect your micro USB cable to the power adapter and plug into wall outlet. Then connect the micro
USB to the bottom of your remote. The battery icon will flash showing that the charge process has begun. The battery icon will remain solid when finished.Your
remote should completely charge in 1.5 hours.
1WSSR-25(1WG4R-SS):
First, remove the small Phillips screw located on the back of the remote. Once the screw has been removed, gently pull the remote apart taking care to not
damage the circuit board. Your battery size will be listed on the battery. Replacements can be purchased from your local Firstech dealer or an electronics store.
from your local Firstech dealer or an electronics store.
the 2w901r-ss does not hold a charge anymore. Has anyone taken it apart and replaced the rechargeable battery?
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2018 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
Still need to repair this remote. Really don't want to spend close to $200 for a new remote. How hard can it be to replace a battery? Having a hard time figuring out how to open this remote.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2018 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
Lubrano, please post some detailed photos of your remote.
Compustar 2W901R-SS Battery - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2018 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
Compustar 2W901R-SS Battery - Last Post -- posted image.Compustar 2W901R-SS Battery - Last Post -- posted image.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2018 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
From what I can see, it looks like the back panel might snap in.
Compustar 2W901R-SS Battery - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
nguy0564 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2019 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nguy0564
I just got a changing new Battery for my CompuStar.
1. Open the small Phillips screw located at charger connection.
2. Turn the back of remote. Using a flat screw and push down the Two lock and Remote the top.
3. Open Two panels out and Battery will be under the Screen.
I got a battery but it was a little thick. Therefore, it was a little hare to put everything back but finally, it was work.
My email: nguy0564@yahoo.com.
Good luck for every one using CompuStar 2W901R-SS.
die_goebbels 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2020 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote die_goebbels
Lubrano wrote:
Need to replace the battery in a 2w901r-ss remote. If I had to guess I would say the remote has been in operation for about 5 years. It does not hold a charge anymore. Hoping someone here has opened one of these up and replaced the rechargable battery. If so, any help would be greatly appreciated. What battery to use? How did you do it? Thank you.
It can be done, but it's almost more trouble than it's worth. Taking the remote apart is a chore because of the three tabs holding the circuit board in place (circled in red). I was sure I was going to break one of them while trying to get the circuit board out. If you're lucky or skilled enough to not break one of them, then you have to de-solder the old battery wires and solder the replacement wires. The battery is 20mm x 25mm x 4mm, and you can get 300mah ones at Amazon or eBay.
The first steps are to pry off the plastic cap from the top of the remote (the swooshy part), and then remove the small Phillips screw right next to the micro USB connector. Separate the plastic shell into its two halves, and then very carefully remove the circuit board without breaking any of the tabs holding it in place. Once the circuit board is dislodged, you'll see the battery underneath and the two wires connecting it to the circuit board. The battery has adhesive keeping it attached to the plastic. Gently pry it off. Then de-solder the wires and solder the new wires. Reassemble in reverse order, and function test prior to reinstalling the circuit board into its 3-tab prison.
For the vast majority of people, this remote is one-and-done. 1 person out of ~100 will actually attempt to replace the battery. Of those who do, probably 1 person out of 10 will succeed without breaking something.
Best of luck...
Compustar 2W901R-SS Battery - Last Post -- posted image.
ComputerPErson 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2021 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ComputerPErson
I am not clear on how to open the Compustar 2W901-ss remote case.
After removing the screw near the charging port, what to do next to open the case?
Thanks.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic