the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 F250 6.4l Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dunn0321 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2018 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dunn0321
I have hooked that to a ground and nothing. I'm using the Evo set-up guide which only has a handful of wires connected. I'm also using the d2d setup instead of wiring every single wire. I know I have to be missing something.
Josh Dunn
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2018 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
I've never used an Evo all but in looking at the diagram it looks like the remote start module controls the truck and the Evo does the bypass. Have you tried unhooking the bypass and putting the key in the ingition then remote starting ? That would tell you if it's a bypass problem or remote start problem.
When you say it doesn't start what does that mean ? Cranks but won't fire ? Doesn't crank at all ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
dunn0321 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2018 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dunn0321
I've unhooked the bypass and it doesn't do anything even with the key in the ignition. With everything together it at least locks and unlocks. It doesn't even attempt to crank the vehicle or anything.
Josh Dunn
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2018 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Could you list out your wiring connections ? We need to get a better understanding of what going on.
dunn0321 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2018 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dunn0321
Evo all connections:
Pats rx Lt blue/black to transponder connector purple/gray
Pats tx lt blue to transponder connector yellow/orange
Can 2 low gray/black to odb violet/orange
Can 2 High gray to odb gray/orange
Ignition yellow to pink remote starter wire plugged into white/orange ignition harness
Ground while running dk blue to ground
Remote Starter
12v battery main harness red wire to ignition harness blue/red
starter 10 pin heavy gauge connector Violet to ignition harness blue/white
ignition 1 10 pin heavy gauge connector pink to ignition harness white/orange
Accessory 10 pin heavy gauge connector orange to ignition harness purple/green
Parking light main harness white wire to left side of dash under steering column purple/green
Ground main harness black wire to ground
black/white wire on pin 13 is grounded
Josh Dunn
chev104275 
Posted: July 03, 2018 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Ground while running should not be grounded that will keep the bypass on all the time. The GWR wire should be going to what I think DEI calls Status out its a blue wire.
I wouldn't power the remote start off the ignition switch. I know theres a heavy red at the SJB but that's on the passenger side of the truck.
If the remote start isn't responding at all I would start by checking to make sure the Brown brake wire isn't seeing 12v unless the brake is pressed, The gray hood wire isn't seeing ground unless the hood is open, make sure both red and red/black wires on the 10 pin heavy gauge harness have 12v at all times, The red off the 5 pin harness has 12v at all times as well, I always power everything just like the key does, I would use a dmm and make sure the remote start matches what the key does. Also make sure ground is a clean metal surface (not the dash bracket) Usually someplace in the DKP but it doesn't have to be as long as its clean metal.
12 VOLT CONSTANT RED (+) (Fusible Links C ad D) @ SJB, (BLACK 1-PIN PLUG(H) Pin 1

STARTER BLUE/WHITE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH (GRAY 10-PIN PLUG) PIN 10       
IGNITION 1 WHITE/ORANGE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH (GRAY 10-PIN PLUG) PIN 1      
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 BROWN/YELLOW or YELLOW/ORANGE (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH (GRAY 10-PIN PLUG) PIN 7

ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 PURPLE/GREEN (+) @ IGNITION SWITCH (GRAY 10-PIN PLUG) PIN 5
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic