the12volt.com spacer
icon

CM6000 Quit Starting, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Lubrano 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2018 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
Recently the compustar cm6000 will not start my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. When the start command is sent from the remote the cars dashboard lights come on and the fuel pump primes but the starter does not spin. Then the horn honks and the doors lock. Where do I start? It used to work, nothing has been touched.
Thank you.
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2018 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
The immobilizer bypass module is not functioning.
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2018 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
I am using the blade.
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2018 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Lubrano wrote:
Recently the compustar cm6000 will not start my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. When the start command is sent from the remote the cars dashboard lights come on and the fuel pump primes but the starter does not spin. Then the horn honks and the doors lock. Where do I start? It used to work, nothing has been touched.
Thank you.
Do the parking lights flash 3 times and then again a number of times to indicate an error code?
Have you checked the parking brake and hood pin inputs?
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2018 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
No the parking lights do not flash 3 times. You hear the jeeps fuel pump turn on and prime then a second later the horn honks, lights flash once and the door locks. Going out to pull out the module and check those inputs tomorrow. Thank you.
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2018 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
Checked the inputs and those are not the problem. No error codes. I did pull the blade out and the starter will now spin. The car will not run but the starter spins. So, confused this in not a new install. It has been working for years.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2018 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The vehicle ignition wire is interrupted by the Blade cartridge so that is why it won't start with the cartridge removed.
Here is a link to the install guide : http://images.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-CH6/BLADE-AL(DL)-CH6-EN_20180103.pdf
You could try a Blade reset and then re-program the Blade to the Jeep.
Disconnect CN4 from the CM6000.
Press and hold the Blade programming button ( just under the Blade LED ) while inserting the Blade cartridge.
The Blade LED should start flashing Red. Immediately release the Blade programming button.
The Blade LED will go solid Red for 2 seconds and then out.
Reconnect the CN4 connector.
While watching the Blade LED, insert the ignition key and turn to ON.
The Blade LED will go solid Red and then ( within 20 seconds ) go solid Blue and then out.
Remove the key.
Next try a regular key start up. Then try a remote start up.
Soldering is fun!
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2018 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
After spending a lot of time on this I am still at a loss but have some more information. Yes, you are 100 percent correct the immobilizer (blade) is not working. I do not understand why since it is built in to the blade? The blade is working everything else doors, timers, security ect...? I did the factory reset with no luck. I even reflashed the blade and nothing changed. I pulled the blade out remote started it with the key in and it works. Why in the world will it not bypass the immobilizer? This system has been working for about 10 years, think the blade is broken? Don't have a spare to test with so that will be money in the trash if it is not the problem.    It is only a 4 wire hook and I checked all the connections and they are good. Should I purchase another blade? Any other ideas? Just checking, once I get the blue constant light that should be it and the blade should have learned the immobilizer correct?
Thank you all for your support.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2018 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Just a little terminology so I don't get confused.
The CM6000 is the Compustar R/S Alarm controller and the iDatalink Blade AL cartridge slides into the CM6000 and in your case handles just the immobilizer bypass.
If you re-flashed the Blade with the CH6 firmware and successfully performed the vehicle programming, it should work. The Blue LED should come on for about
2 seconds and then go off at the end of vehicle programming. Strange that it won't R/S.
However, if it will remote start with the working key inserted but not turned in the ignition cylinder, that points towards the Blade not doing its' job.
The GWR signal is internal between the CM6000 and the Blade AL cartridge, so no test is possible. You could check to see if the CM6000 is outputting the
GWR signal on the CN3 Pin 11 Black wire. Not a guarantee but...
Soldering is fun!
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2018 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
yes, everything you said is correct except the blade handles more than the immobilizer. Keyless entry, security and remote start (immobilizer) through the vehicles data line. The strange part is the door locks work and the alarm is activated and deactivated through the compustar remote.
http://www.idatalink.com/firmware/firmware/firmware_family_id/30
Pin 11 Black [POC 5] – Status/Ground while running 250mA negative (-) output. This is an optional output that
will provide a negative (-) output before the ignition cranks and stay on throughout the remote start dura
tion. This wire is most commonly used to trigger bypass / transponder modules.
I will check it out tomorrow. If, I got this correctly the blade might be good and the cm6000 might not be telling the blade to bypass the immobilizer. I know it is trying to start the vechile because the fuel pump primes but no cranking then shuts down with a horn honk and parking light flash.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic