the12volt.com spacer
icon

CM6000 Quit Starting, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Lubrano 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2018 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
Ok. I have some interesting news. The black wire has 9.4 volts on it with Jeep off. I tried it with the blade in and removed still 9.4 volts. When it goes in to remote start I see 12.5 for a second before it cancels the remote start. If I test it with the car running from the key start I have 10.3 which I assume the increase is from the alternator charge voltage. I ask should there be 9.4 volts on this wire with nothing running? If not what am I looking at a bad brain
now? If so, can I just replace it with a 7200 now. All my old remotes will work? Hope this information helps figure out the problem. Thank you so much.
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2018 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
You should be seeing that wire's voltage drop close to 0V during the remote start cycle.
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2018 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
Ordered a replacement brain. Let you know how it goes. I was able to find a used cm6000 for a good price.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2018 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Think that is where I would start. The Blade flashes ok, programs ok and controls the locks ok over the same J1850 Data wire
as it uses for the bypass function.
Soldering is fun!
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2018 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
OK. Replacement cm6000 brain does the same thing. No different. Really at a loss this... One thing more I noticed is when it is trying to start the blade flashes blue twice. Any other ideas?
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2018 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
Please, is there anyone here who can help me with this problem. It is getting cold and need this thing to start, getting desperate.   Can it be a bad Blade? Don't want to spend the cash on the wrong part. All help is extremely appreciated. Thank you.
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2018 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
Lubrano wrote:
Please, is there anyone here who can help me with this problem. It is getting cold and need this thing to start, getting desperate.   Can it be a bad Blade? Don't want to spend the cash on the wrong part. All help is extremely appreciated. Thank you.
Several posts advised that the problem was the immobilizer bypass/blade.
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2018 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
Problem found but not resolved! Received a new blade today. Programmed it and it did the same exact thing. Being very frustrated now I turned all the settings off on blade. WOW! it worked and the jeep started! One by one turning them back on found the problem. The Blade is monitoring the brake pedal. For some reason the jeeps data stream thinks the foot brake is being applied. I turned off "monitor brake pedal" and it works. I now have to look in to why the jeep thinks the brake pedal is depressed but the remote start problem has been solved. Interesting the brake lights are not on but the jeep computer thinks the brakes are depressed. Took out the brake switch and noticed there are 3 switches built in to the assembly. One switch was not changing position when the switch was pressed. Ordered a new switch. Hopefully this is the end.
rmotlyintrested 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2018 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rmotlyintrested
There is an asterisk for "brake pedal output" in the install guide saying - only available when the ignition is on. Maybe that is related to your problem? But to fix the condition how about turning off the brake pedal monitor on the blade and just hard wiring the brake pedal wire that has voltage when brake applied, to the remote start module? Only done a couple of remote starts but - hope this helps.
Lubrano 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2018 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Lubrano
That was it! New brake switch installed and everything works perfectly now. Thank you everyone here for the help.
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic