the12volt.com spacer
icon

Compustar CS4900-S Remote Starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chayes2759 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2018 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chayes2759
Greetings,
Regarding the Compustar CS4900-S remote starter. Where can I find an installation manual for this product? There are no markings on the wires.
Compustar CS4900-S Remote Starter -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2018 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
There should be a small ( 4.5" by 6" ) install guide booklet in the box. The wires are also identified
by a label on the back of the CM-900 brain. I just uploaded the guideto the Downloads Section :    
    https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1420
Soldering is fun!
chayes2759 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2018 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chayes2759
Good Morning,
Thank you for your reply. My wires do not have any tags or markings in any way. There was no card in the box and nothing on the bottom side of the 4900S brain. Do you think the guide for the CM 900 will work for me?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2018 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You got me there. Not sure what you got inside your CS4900-s box but the ones I get
have this Install Guide Booklet :
And a CM900-s brain that looks like this :
The wires are never marked or tagged, just color coded and at specific Pin locations on a
specific harness. Compustar uses that brain, CM900-s, in a number of different models,
each with a different number. From one button to 4 button short range to 4 button long
range to 2-way remotes, etc.
Soldering is fun!
chayes2759 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2018 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chayes2759
That's handy to have the wiring guide on the back of the unit. I will compare my unit to the CM 900 wiring guide. I might get lucky. Thank you so much for your help.
goaticus 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2018 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote goaticus
I managed to get this same unit installed properly in my '94 Land Cruiser (with some great wiring info here on the site). Everything works as it should on default settings. However, I can't seem to get it to let me program any options with my FOB. I can get into the second menu with 1+2 1+4. But, when I start cycling through the menu by pressing button 4 (trying to get to options 2-10 or 2-11), I get three button presses with responses into it, and it cuts me off and flashes three times..? Maybe I'm just to dumb to understand the programming method. I can't find any good videos, or help online. I've spent HOURS on hold with Firstech with no answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2018 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
Are you doing it like this?
Compustar programming
Steve G
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2018 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
goaticus wrote:
when I start cycling through the menu by pressing button 4
Are you using the silver button (2-way) remote for this? Because the manual says tap button 4 (key) to scroll through menu to get to the correct option.
If you are using the black button (1-way) remote then it would require pressing and holding trunk and key button for 2.5 seconds to scroll through the menu to get to the correct option.
If your having no luck with the 2-way remote then try using the 1-way remote but modify the button presses per the manual.
Steve G
goaticus 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2018 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote goaticus
I tried that method without success.
goaticus 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2018 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote goaticus
I am trying to use button4 for the menu scrolling after holding 1+2 and 1+4 to enter Menu2. The maunual describes it as a tap to scroll. I have tried taps and varying longer key presses. I am using 2-way fobs. I believe both of the FOBs that came with it, Black and Silver, are 2-way.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic