the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Compustar CS4900-S Remote Starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2018 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
They are not both 2 way. The silver is 2-way and the black is 1-way. So since you keep trying that way without success. Try it using the double button (trunk+key) hold to scroll through the steps using the 1-way black button remote. Do it just like in the video.
Steve G
Nuffstylez 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2019 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Nuffstylez
I just installed one of these and also having a hard time programming this remote start. The book says press lock and unlock for 3 seconds and do it again for 3 seconds. Then I tap the key button and wait for the light to flash, do it again for option 2, do it again for option 3 and it wont let me do it again, it doesn't do anything. I don't get what im doing wrong. Ive been trying for the longest .
Nuffstylez 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2019 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Nuffstylez
So I was able to finally get it to work. I had to use the one way remote to get to the options menu, the two way remote didnt work at all. Hopefully it will work for u too.
walkbyfaith 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2019 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote walkbyfaith
I am having the same issue with my CM-900. Any luck on a fix? To go into option menu 2 I follow the instructions as such: Lock + Unlock for 3 seconds, then Lock + Key for 3 seconds. Then I tap the Key to scroll through the menu, but after 3 taps and confirming blinks on the truck it will immediately flash 3 times and exit the menu. Why? Its driving me crazy!
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2019 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote iskidoo
What color are the buttons on the remote you are trying to use for programming?
Steve G
walkbyfaith 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2019 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote walkbyfaith
Silver Buttons
walkbyfaith 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2019 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote walkbyfaith
Alright everyone! I wanted to report back and let everyone know the fix for this problem. Short answer is the instructions are wrong for the 2 way remote programming. I have two way remotes, but without the LCD screen, and not matter what if I followed the instructions for the 2 way 4 button remote chart it wouldnt work.
I used the instructions for the 1 way 4 button remote and it worked perfectly. To scroll through the menu, you have to push Trunk + Key for 3 seconds until the lights flash, and keep doing that until you reach the desired menu, for example menu 10. Then it will flash at you 10 times to confirm that its in menu 10. Then you would push whatever Function Option you want after that and then it will confirm what you pushed by flashing back.
Anyways just wanted to let everyone know, just use the chart for the 1 way remotes and you will be set. I am thinking that if your remote doesnt have the screen then use the 1 way remote chart. If your remote has the LCD screen then the 2 way remote might work? I dont know for sure.
Hope this helps someone!
bmwe39528i1998 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2021 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bmwe39528i1998
Thank you for this!!!
jamm1975!! 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2023 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jamm1975!!
@walkbyfaith ...you are a lifesaver lol. It worked perfectly for me! I almost ordered that op500 options programmer and happened to see your post. What gets me is why firstech/compustar are still handing out units with clearly the wrong info/instructions. I emailed them for help and their reply was "unfortunately your problem is one that can only be diagnosed by an authorized dealer" noooo....its your wrong instructions to program a unit YOU SELL!😅😆 Oh well, all is great now thanks to you. Much appreciated
If it is to be..it is up to me
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic