the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Chrysler 300, Prestige APS787E

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2019 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The ADS AL-CA Black/White (+) Starter Input wire will be connected to the APS787E thick Yellow (+) Starter Output wire ( as mentioned above ).
The ADS AL-CA Green (-) EBrake Status output wire is not used for your application. ( Manual Transmission only )
The ADS AL-CA Purple/Yellow and Purple/Black wires are not used for your application. ( unless you gat sliding door on your 300 )
The white/red wire on the APS787E is confusing. Is it going to connect to 85 on the relay? Two things here. Number one, you don't need an external relay. ( unless the ADS AL-CA has a H/W version less than 1.24 )
The APS787E White/Red wire is the input to the APS787E's internal Parking Light relay. As mentioned above, it goes to a +12V constant source. The easiest place is the thick Red or Red/White wire. The APS787E's
White Parking Light output wire is now a (+) output and connects to the ADS AL-CA White wire as shown in the diagram and mentioned above. The ADS AL-CA turns this signal into the proper MUX signal that the 300
needs and gets from the ADS AL-CA Yellow wire.
For the most part, the ADS AL-CA controls the car via its' connections to the vehicles' CAN bus ( CAN Hi and CAN Lo ).
Soldering is fun!
antman1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2019 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
Thank you so much this really helps I'll go and take the relay that I was putting on off now. unfortunately I ran out of solder, once I get it soldered and all my wiring is prepped and I have everything labeled the way I want it labeled to go in the car I'll take pictures of my prep work to show everyone.
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2019 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
I got all the wiring prep completed and have a couple wires in question that I dont see on any diagrams for vehicle wiring for the chrysler 300 2008 model. the wires are CANH and CANL? Where would these wires be located for me to get this completed? Thank you so much for your help. I will post pics soon of the alarm and idata prepped.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2019 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Going by the ADS AL-CA w/CH-4 Install Guide #58513, you will be following the
Type 2 Install Diagram. This is on Page 7 of 11. In that guide on Page 4, it has
the 300 wire connection info, as follows :
According to the ADS CH4 install guide, those 2 CAN wires can be found at the
300's Ignition Node 12 Pin Plug. The CAN High wire is White/Black at Pin 5 and
the CAN Low wire is White/Light Blue at Pin 6. Below is a photo of an ignition
node plug and harness from Dodge RAM that is similar.
2008 Chrysler 300, Prestige APS787E - Page 2 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2019 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
Here is my prepped alarm wiring. I cant install in the car until this weather gets better though.
2008 Chrysler 300, Prestige APS787E - Page 2 -- posted image.
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2019 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
i started installing this today and issue is that the ADS Module does not see anything the car is doing. I cant seem to get it to respond. Can anyone assist?
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2019 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote antman1
Ok, I got it programmed and lock and unlock and trunk functions work. But I can't get it to remote start and the parking lights don't flash or do anything with the alarm. Could the ADS module be not programmed right or the alarm not be programmed for remote start?
kreg357 
Posted: March 05, 2019 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
A few things you should double check...
For the Parking Lights :
Verify that the APS787E is outputting a (+) signal on it's White Parking Light output
wire when you press Unlock. You should see two (+) pulses. This white wire should be
connected to the ADS AL-CA's PARKING LIGHT (+) INPUT WHITE wire.   Also verify that the
ADS AL-CA's Yellow wire is connected to the 300's White/Brown Parking Light MUX wire.
Again, no relay is need, just a direct Yellow to White/Brown connection.
For the Remote Start function :
The Factory Default programming for the APS787E is Tach Mode. If you haven't changed
this setting you should verify that the ADS AL-CA Purple/White Tach Output wire is
connected to the AS7897E's Green/Orange Tach Input wire. Next you must follow the
instructions to preform a successful Tach Learn. If that doesn't get the R/S to work,
verify that the APS787E's Light Blue GWR wire is connected to the ADS AL-CA's
Blue/White GWR Input wire.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic