the12volt.com spacer
icon

Late Model Ford Horn Connection

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the vuking 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2019 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Hi there guys just a quick question to see how you pro installers are hooking up the factory horn on 2017 ford vehicles to a - 200mA horn honk ouput on a clifford alarm ?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2019 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Not sure exactly which Ford vehicle you need to know about but typically a direct connection to the correct (-) Horn wire will do it.
Here is a recent 2017 Ford Transit 250 horn wire connection used with an Avital system :
Late Model Ford Horn Connection -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2019 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Thanks Kreg this is also a Transit Van I see that the plug at the BCM in he picture above is a blue one I also have just the one blue plug at the BCM is this how I identify the plug needed ?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2019 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Think I would go by BCM configuration.   This was a full size Transit not the smaller Transit Connect.   Which type Transit do you have? What year? There might even be differences between U.S. and Euro spec vehicles.
Soldering is fun!
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2019 at 5:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Here is the lay out of my BCM and the plug I believe it is is the one that is numbered C2280D bottom right Late Model Ford Horn Connection -- posted image.
kreg357 
Posted: January 27, 2019 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I see that the color of the horn wire changes with the model and year on the various Tansit Van's in Europe. Looks like you will need to test for the horn wire using a DigitalMultiMeter. Might even find it in the steering column at the wheel plug.
Soldering is fun!
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2019 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
kreg357 wrote:
I see that the color of the horn wire changes with the model and year on the various Tansit Van's in Europe. Looks like you will need to test for the horn wire using a DigitalMultiMeter. Might even find it in the steering column at the wheel plug.
I will take a look in the morning thanks for your help Kreg
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2019 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
Well I have had another poke about and established that there is a yellow 8 pin connector on the steering column that when unpluged the horn does not work so I would say that this is the plug that should have the wire that goes to the BCM however I could not find a wire that went to ground when the horn was pressed can anyone shed some light on this ? Thanks
the vuking 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2019 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the vuking
thanks for your reply it looks like the link for me is the middle one as I see that blue wire is connected to the BCM plug that is numbered C2280D which is what I have posted earlier in this thread. But I do have one more question and that is what is the clockspring which show connections 4/5 9/10 ?
kreg357 
Posted: January 28, 2019 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The clckspring is the steering wheel connector I was referring to as the wheel plug.
Please be cautious when probing wires and disconnecting plugs at the steering wheel, especially Yellow ones. The air bag circuits are there and you can deploy the airbag that way. Ford has a bad habit of including the Horn wire in the same connector as the air bag.
How are you checking "went to ground" with the DMM. Describe the setup.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic