the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 4105 Install/Troubleshooting, Nissan NV 3500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aharonhakohen 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2019 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
Sorry for multiple posts...
I believe the brake shutoff problem is solved. I had the wrong wires connected.
But, now I have an extra wire: on the al-ca, E-brake (-) output - green. Where is E-brake status (-) input on the 4105?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2019 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Ebrake is not used. It would be necessary for a Manual Trans car install.
Aren't you getting Brake from the ADS AL-CA?
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2019 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
This is going to get confusing.
Putting the ADS AL-CA Blue/White to Chassis Ground is wrong. It would mean that the transponder bypass function was ON all the time. That should mess up a regular key start and allow a thief with a screwdriver to steal the van. The ADS AL-CA GWR wire should see the ground signal from the 4105 and only when a R/S is called for.
Soldering is fun!
aharonhakohen 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2019 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
Understood. Thank you for the explanation.
kreg357 
Posted: March 29, 2019 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The ADS AL-CA option for Lock-Lock-Lock has nothing to do with the 4105 and its ability to control the vehicles locks. That option is for certain installs that allow the ADS AL-CA to R/S a vehicle with a Lock-Lock-Lock sequence from the factory remotes. Can't work on your vehicle because the ADS AL-CA does not controll the 4105 and does not directly connect to the main ignition wires itself.
Soldering is fun!
aharonhakohen 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2019 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
Understood.
So, my to-do list:
Wire up horn, lights, and acc.
I am probably taking a break until Saturday or Sunday night, and I will update the post then.
Thank you again for the detailed help and information.
Have a great weekend!
aharonhakohen 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2019 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
Sorry for the delayed update. I attached the acc wire, and have been successfully using it for a few days. The heat and a/c work, but the radio does not turn on until I turn the key. I assume that is by design.
I attached what I believe is the wire for the horn, but I cannot get the remote to make any horn beeps when I lock the vehicle. I am also having difficulty locating the wire for the lights   I used wirecolor.com for the wire locations. It states that the wire should be in drivers A-pillar. But the wire colors in the photos do not match up with what I have.
kreg357 
Posted: April 04, 2019 at 5:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
For the Horn, you must change the 4105 default programming. See Menu 1 Feature 1. It comes
set to OFF. You can select the horn output time, typically Option 2 is good.
For the Parking Lights, try using this wire :
Parking Lights       (+) Red       Driver Kick Panel, White 4 Pin connector, Pin 3
Make sure the 4105 Parking Light jumper is set to (+).
If you want the radio and other not too important things to function during R/S run time,
connect the Vipers Pink/White selectable ignition output wire to the trucks ACC2 wire. It
is the Violet wire at Pin 5 of the White 6 pin main ignition switch harness. You must
program the 4105 Menu 3 Feature 6 to Option 2 for this wire to act as an Accessory type wire.
Soldering is fun!
aharonhakohen 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2019 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
Regarding the horn, I followed the programming steps (I know everything is connected correctly, because the horn beeps during programming). I think I have it programmed correctly now. When is the horn supposed to honk (locking, I suppose). Any other time? I noticed that if I long press lock, the alarm goes off.
Regarding parking lights, I cannot find such a connector. I have attached pictures both of my kick panel and of my A-pillar.
Regarding, lock/unlock, I am at my wit's end. What I have tested:
1) On Fortin's website it lists light blue and yellow, as lock and unlock, respectively. On wirecolor.com, it shows gray and red as lock and unlock, respectively. ALSO, it shows light blue and yellow as lock and arm, and unlock and disarm, respectively. I have tried all combinations. I was able to get the lock to sporadically work. I was unable to get unlock to work at all.
2) The brain clicks both when I click lock and unlock, so I know the remote is talking to it.
3) I tested voltage on the pins of the brain (three pin lock/unlock), and also when the plug is in, at the end of the wires (just to make sure that the wire is not damaged). The middle (unused) pin shows constant 12v; the lock and unlock pins show around .6v when the remote is clicked.
4) I also tested voltage on the vehicle's wiring, to ensure that I have the correct wires.
I don't know what else to do. Any troubleshooting steps for me?
Thank you again for your help!
aharonhakohen 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2019 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote aharonhakohen
Whoops, forgot the pictures... Avital 4105 Install/Troubleshooting, Nissan NV 3500 - Page 2 -- posted image.
Avital 4105 Install/Troubleshooting, Nissan NV 3500 - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic