the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5806v, 24 Pin Harness Clarifications

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
itolond 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2020 at 4:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote itolond
Hi Forum,
Seeking some tribal knowledge on installation of the Viper 5806 in my 4x4, below are my questions for the (Auxiliary/Shutdown/Trigger Harness, 24-pin connector):     

1. Parker light connection Main harness - ( white wire), hook-up looks simple so no questions there. A few say not to hook up as these are used for remote start (??) and attracts too much attention. (E.g. driver returning to remote started vehicle)
2. Remote start engine status monitoring Main harness - Tacho input (Violet/White) I have heard this has reliably issues. The vehicle is a 1997 Diesel 4x4 although I have upgraded to DSL-1e from dakota which may assist - any experience guides etc?
3. Park brake input - (Black/white) My park brake is ground 12VDC (-) which appears suitable for this connection. As before some mention not to connect - any experience guides etc?
4. Green/Black: (-) FACTORY ALARM DISARM OUTPUT - Guessing this does not need a connection if the unit had no factory or previous alarm?                         
5. White/Violet (-) AUXILIARY 1 OUTPUT - Auxiliary 1 function. Does this connect to a Window module (e.g. DEI 535T power window module)                         
6. Green: (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT. I have a need to use the door trigger to illuminate courtesy lights independently - I assume I could utilize a Schottky diode in these situations to isolate what is needed?               
7. White/Blue: (-) REMOTE START ACTIVATION INPUT no idea if I use this or not (i am guessing not unless a specific need)
8. Door Input triggers + Dome light - I understand these can trigger the alarm when opened and armed. How does it impact dome light operation - does the trigger to the viper also operate the dome lights when not armed?                         
9. Brown/Black: (-) HORN HONK OUTPUT, Is this required if a siren is installed?
10. Gray/Black: (-) DIESEL WTS (WAIT-TO-START) INPUT, I could run this of the Glow plug relay - or am I just better setting a delay timer option via the Viper?
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2020 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
itolond wrote:
1. Parker light connection Main harness - ( white wire), hook-up looks simple so no questions there. A few say not to hook up as these are used for remote start (??) and attracts too much attention. (E.g. driver returning to remote started vehicle)
i understand there logic about not hooking it up but if you are a disstance that you can't hear your truck running you wont know if its running or not
itolond wrote:
2. Remote start engine status monitoring Main harness - Tacho input (Violet/White) I have heard this has reliably issues. The vehicle is a 1997 Diesel 4x4 although I have upgraded to DSL-1e from dakota which may assist - any experience guides etc?
Diesel wont have a tach for you to hook to. Turn on the wait to start timer and set the crank to max..should be ok. worse case you have to buy a tach signal generator.
itolond wrote:
3. Park brake input - (Black/white) My park brake is ground 12VDC (-) which appears suitable for this connection. As before some mention not to connect - any experience guides etc?
need to ground that, if it doesn't see that wire the RS will not engage. If its a manual transmission you have to do the e brake for the RS sequence. If its a automatic just ground it to the black ground wire.
itolond wrote:
4. Green/Black: (-) FACTORY ALARM DISARM OUTPUT - Guessing this does not need a connection if the unit had no factory or previous alarm?
That only used if your truck has a factory alarm, lock the doors (with the window down) wait 5 minutes or so and reach in and open the door, no horn honk no factory alarm no need for the wire
itolond wrote:
5. White/Violet (-) AUXILIARY 1 OUTPUT - Auxiliary 1 function. Does this connect to a Window module (e.g. DEI 535T power window module)
window modules are the worst, your on your own Viper 5806v, 24 Pin Harness Clarifications -- posted image. not a fan of them    
itolond wrote:
6. Green: (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT. I have a need to use the door trigger to illuminate courtesy lights independently - I assume I could utilize a Schottky diode in these situations to isolate what is needed?   
Green only detect if the door is open and is a input not a output. Its there if you are hooking up a alarm to trigger it or if the truck is a manual transmission and use for the RS sequence
itolond wrote:
7. White/Blue: (-) REMOTE START ACTIVATION INPUT no idea if I use this or not (i am guessing not unless a specific need)
dont need, just there is you have a dei alarm installed and want to trigger it from the alarms aux button
itolond wrote:
8. Door Input triggers + Dome light - I understand these can trigger the alarm when opened and armed. How does it impact dome light operation - does the trigger to the viper also operate the dome lights when not armed?
only if your pin switches are postive, rarely used       
itolond wrote:
9. Brown/Black: (-) HORN HONK OUTPUT, Is this required if a siren is installed?
no, unless you want to hear the horn during lock/unlock
itolond wrote:
10. Gray/Black: (-) DIESEL WTS (WAIT-TO-START) INPUT, I could run this of the Glow plug relay - or am I just better setting a delay timer option via the Viper?
if you have a wait to start light on your dash you need to run it to that, as soon as the light goes out it triggers the RS, or just used the timed start then no need to use this wire, either works
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
itolond 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2020 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote itolond
@ mgoetz74
thanks for the insight very much appreciated.
few clarifications if I Can
only if your pin switches are positive, rarely used.
My dome light is on a electronic controller (Dakota Digital PAC 1300) which dims the light and cuts off when low voltage is detected. The unit is triggered via a single wire (see below). so routing via this the trigger would normally come for the Alarm (viper) - which is all good in the scenario of a remote door unlock.......
Assuming the car is unarmed and unlocked and a door is opened - Does the Viper unit simply 'pass through' to trigger the dome light - trying to understand expected operation?
window modules are the worst, your on your own Viper 5806v, 24 Pin Harness Clarifications -- posted image. not a fan of them
Not a fan why, problematic, unreliable, just adds some complexity?
PAC1300 (extract)
Remote door lock trigger input
A positive trigger input is provided to turn the dome light on with an input from remote door unlock module. When
this input is given a +12V pulse, the dome light is turned on for the set dome delay. If no other action occurs, the dome will fade out after the delay.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2020 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
itolond wrote:
@ mgoetz74
thanks for the insight very much appreciated.
few clarifications if I Can
only if your pin switches are positive, rarely used.
only thing these wire door is detect if the door is has been open or not. The pin switch is either negative or positive when the door is open and opposite when the door is closed. These wire just monitor the voltage and dont do anything with the dome light
itolond wrote:
My dome light is on a electronic controller (Dakota Digital PAC 1300) which dims the light and cuts off when low voltage is detected. The unit is triggered via a single wire (see below). so routing via this the trigger would normally come for the Alarm (viper) - which is all good in the scenario of a remote door unlock.......
Assuming the car is unarmed and unlocked and a door is opened - Does the Viper unit simply 'pass through' to trigger the dome light - trying to understand expected operation?
i don't think you have to do anything with this but i have never seen it or hooked one up
itolond wrote:
Not a fan why, problematic, unreliable, just adds some complexity?
if i remember it does some one else would have to chime in on this one, i stopped doing the window modules years a ago because of to any problems
itolond wrote:
PAC1300 (extract)
Remote door lock trigger input
A positive trigger input is provided to turn the dome light on with an input from remote door unlock module. When
this input is given a +12V pulse, the dome light is turned on for the set dome delay. If no other action occurs, the dome will fade out after the delay.
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic