the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Toyota 4Runner, Compustar CS7502AS, Alarm Only

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
romzombie 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2020 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
Hello! Is it possible to install a Compustar CS7502as without installing the remote start? I'm just interested in the alarm and keyless entry. I had a remote start in an older car and never used it.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2020 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
it is possible, but why would you buy an alarm/starter, if you only want the alarm? Cheaper to just buy an alarm.
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2020 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
It's new and I bought it cheap privately - and it has two 2way remotes. Does anyone know where I can find out which wires need to be connected and which are not necessary? Should any wires related to the starter and ignition not be connected except for power and ground wires?
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2020 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
I'm new here. Do I need to start a request for a data sheet for this project? I've never installed an alarm before but I have installed my deck (DEH-80PRS), two amps, and two way active speakers so i'm not a complete no0b. I understand installing an alarm is more complex. Not wanting to enable remote start should remove much of the complexity I imagine.
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 07, 2020 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
4-RUNNER     2007-2009
KEY     T-HARNESS     IMMOBILIZER
TOYKEY- 2     N/A     TOYOTA'S TRANSPONDER SYSTEM, See NOTE #1
PART     COLOR     LOCATION     DIAGRAM
12 VOLT CONSTANT     RED (+)     @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 7     
STARTER     GREEN/BLACK (+)     @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 8     
STARTER 2     N/A          
IGNITION 1     BLACK/RED (+)     @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 6     
IGNITION 2     BLUE/YELLOW (+)     @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 4     
IGNITION 3     N/A          
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1     WHITE/GREEN (+)     @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-Pin Plug) Pin 3     
ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2     N/A          
KEYSENSE     N/A          
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )     GREEN (-)     @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH or BODY ECU, (TOP, WHITE, 26-Pin Plug) Pin 8, NOTE #2     
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )     GREEN (+)     @ DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 16-Pin Plug(F) Pin 13     
POWER LOCK     RED/WHITE to BLUE/WHITE (TYPE B), NOTE #3     in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, (WHITE, 18-Pin Plug) Pin 4     
POWER UNLOCK     GREEN/WHITE to BLUE/ORANGE (TYPE B), NOTE #4     in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, (WHITE, 18-Pin Plug) Pin 5     
LOCK MOTOR WIRE     BLACK/WHITE to BLUE/RED (5-wire type)     in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, (WHITE, 13-Pin Plug) Pin 8     
DOOR TRIGGER     PURPLE/YELLOW (-)     @ BODY ECU,(TOP, WHITE, 26-Pin Plug) Pin 12, NOTE #2     
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION     WHITE (-)     @ DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 20-Pin Plug(A) Pin 8     
TRUNK RELEASE     LOCKS/UNLOCKS with Doors          
SLIDING POWER DOOR     N/A          
HORN     GREEN/RED (-)     @ HORN SWITCH (BLACK, 12-Pin Plug) Pin 6     
TACH     BLACK/WHITE (AC)     @ DATA LINK Connector, (WHITE, 16-Pin Plug) Pin 9 (V6) NOTE #5     
WAIT TO START LIGHT     N/A          
BRAKE     GREEN/YELLOW (+)     @ BRAKE SWITCH or DASH FUSE BOX, (WHITE, 16-Pin Plug(F) Pin 16     
FACTORY ALARM DISARM     GREEN (-) (Requires double Pulse) NOTE #6     in DRIVERS KICK PANEL, (WHITE, 18-Pin Plug) Pin 8     
ANTI-THEFT     TOYOTA'S TRANSPONDER SYSTEM, See NOTE #1     @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER     
NOTES
NOTE #1: TOYOTA'S TRANSPONDER SYSTEM, Requires Bypass Module:
(For Remote Starting Only) Part #791 Bypass, (Requires Extra Key) for Operation.
(For Remote Starting Only) Part # PK-ALL Bypass. (No Extra Key Required for Operation) 2-KEYS Required to Program Module.
NOTE #2: the BODY ECU is attached to the back of the DASH FUSE BOX, it has 3 plugs on the Right side Edge.
NOTE #3: this wire is only needed if the Door Locks do not function with the Aftermarket System while the vehicle is running. All other times just use the Factory Alarm Arm wire.
NOTE #4: this wire is only needed if the Door Locks do not function with the Aftermarket System while the vehicle is running. All other times just use the Factory Alarm Disarm wire.
NOTE #5: on V-8 Models the TACH wire is in the DRIVERS KICK PANEL, (WHITE, 13-Pin Plug) Pin 13
NOTE #6: TEST this wire while turning the Key in the Drivers Door, this wire will also Unlock the doors.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2020 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
Thank you so much for that. Do I not hook up the starter wire to delete remote start? - and I don't need a bypass module as well?
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2020 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
don't need starter wire (yellow) and accessory (white) in the thick harness, don't need brake (blue with white stripe),
all you really need is
Both 12v (Red), ground (blk), park light (green white), ignition (green) brown (siren) red/white (door trigger).
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2020 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
Do you mean "Both 12v (Red)" as in one red and one red with white stripe on the thick harness? So there are only 6 thick wires to splice into the car harness and one thin brown wire for the siren? (ground the siren in engine bay)
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2020 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
I haven't attempted this yet as i'm a bit confused.
At this point, when you stated "all you really need is" - is this only to hook up the alarm without the keyless door locks working thru the new remote?
The red/white wire door trigger is only to set the alarm off when the door is opened when armed correct?
More wires need to be connected for remote entry/unlock I assume.
It seems like the newer alarms/remote start are simple plug and play with a T-harness - without having to splice single wires into the factory harness.
silvercivicsir 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2020 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
Yes if you want keyless to work, you will need to hook up the blue & blue/blk (tag the door cylinder wires). also I assume you want the shock sensor to work, so you will need to plug that in as well.
Page of 13

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic