the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Toyota 4Runner, Compustar CS7502AS, Alarm Only

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 01, 2020 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
Just find the white wire that shows ground when the door is open and connect it to the alarm's negative door trigger.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
romzombie 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2020 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
ok looking for a plain white wire........driver's kick panel.
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2020 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
There is one plain white wire which is larger than most of the other wires in that bundle. It shows 12v with door open or closed..That purple/yellow wire shows 12v open and .02v closed. Checking continuity of this wire when grounded the door open dash light comes on when the door is closed but not as bright as when the door is open.
wirewise 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 01, 2020 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
Look for another bundle of wires in that area until you find the correct wire(s). It's most likely higher than you are currently looking.
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2020 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
Higher up in the kick panel? Do you know if the wire is thick or thin?
wirewise 
Posted: June 01, 2020 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
I would call it "thin", but if you're gonna do this yourself, you're just gonna have to get up in there and find it. If you find the same color wire that doesn't test as the one you're looking for, then keep looking/testing until you find it. That's what we have to do all the time.
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2020 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
I mean thin or thick in comparison to the majority of wires bundled together which are thin.
Isn't this message board created so we don't have to spend so much time looking for wires when someone has already done that footwork and shares about it? Unfortunately, those who have already installed this alarm in a 4th gen 4runners are not members of this board. I can't be the only one with this alarm in this vehicle.
There are some odd electrical issues that I mentioned hoping that can be used by someone who knows more than I what's going on such as the alarm being triggered closing the door if it's armed, chirping only once (correctly) only when the door is open, three times when arming when it's closed. Something seems backwards. The alarm is supposed to be triggered when there is voltage or ground on that door trigger wire but it's not acting correctly. The alarm is being triggered when there is no voltage there? (when I close the door). I'm trying to make some sense of that as a way to troubleshoot.
My dash has been apart since February and i'm close to giving up. Perhaps I should have bought the factory alarm. At least the factory alarm will trigger just by unlocking the door without a key which will automatically lock and arm.
wirewise 
Posted: June 02, 2020 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
We've given you wire colors and locations. You will still need to locate the correct wires and verify them. There can and will be multiple wires in your vehicle that are the same color and test differently. You should always test every wire before making any connections.
I can't tell from here if you are testing wires properly and/or if you have the jumpers in the alarm properly. Since you say the wire you found for the door trigger is showing 12V+ when the door is open and showing ground when closed leads me to believe you're doing something wrong, however from what you described and since you haven't found the correct white wire, I would change the jumper for the door trigger on the alarm and try again with the purple/yellow wire you were using.
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2020 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
I needed a break. I was getting frustrated as my neck is still weak and it's hard to fit my body into the kick panel area to check the wiring - and I poked my finger while penetrating a wire to test. A sharper test lead would make it easier. I"ll have to sharpen what i've got in the morning.
"I would change the jumper for the door trigger on the alarm and try again with the purple/yellow wire you were using."   - Is it ok if the purple/yellow wire is negative while attached to that trigger wire with the jumper set on positive?
wirewise 
Posted: June 02, 2020 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
wirewise wrote:
...I would change the jumper for the door trigger on the alarm and try again with the purple/yellow wire you were using.
Page of 13

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic