the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Toyota 4Runner, Compustar CS7502AS, Alarm Only

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
romzombie 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2020 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
wirewise wrote:
Since you say the wire you found for the door trigger is showing 12V+ when the door is open and showing ground when closed leads me to believe you're doing something wrong, however from what you described and since you haven't found the correct white wire, I would change the jumper for the door trigger on the alarm and try again with the purple/yellow wire you were using.
I had the positive lead of the multimeter on positive 12v constant and the purple/yellow wire on negative lead. With the door open I saw 12v. With the door closed I saw .02v.
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 02, 2020 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
There's your problem. That wire is the correct door trigger lead, however if you were to put the negative lead of your meter to ground and the positive to the purple/yellow, you would see 12V+ when the door is closed and ground when it is open. Apparently you also had the jumper in the wrong position. Connect to the purple/yellow wire and fix the jumper and that issue will be resolved.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2020 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
I've only opened the module once to move the jumper from default to negative a month or so ago. I'll go and check grounding. I've only checked using the 12v hot wire and the purple wire as ground.
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 02, 2020 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
I'm willing to bet the default position was negative, as most vehicles have a negative door trigger. Move it back to where it was.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2020 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
I see 0.45v+ with the door open and 12v+ door closed. The jumper is in the + position
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2020 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Please move the jumper to the (-) position as per WireWise's direction.
While you are seeing the DMM read +12V, your DMM set up is to find (-) signals. If the Door Trigger wire were a (+) signal, the DMM set up would be Black to Chassis Ground and Red to suspect wire. Being as you have the Red lead to constant +12V and the Black test lead checking the suspect wire you will see +12V on the DMM when the Black test lead finds a (-) or Chassis Ground wire.
Soldering is fun!
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2020 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
Ok it works! Except the doors all lock if unlocked but only the drivers door will unlock but i do hear the second pulse going to the drivers door which is already unlocked. The passenger door unlocked once after pushing unlock several times but only once. I guess this is this alarm's behavior that when the alarm is triggered and I stop the siren, the alarm rearms itself if i dont ooen the door, but won't lock the doorthats been compromised.
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2020 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
I can't thank you guys enough for your help. It feels so good to have my dash together again! Everything but the double pulse passenger door unlock works. I can accept that issue.
Page of 13

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic