the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Toyota 4Runner, Compustar CS7502AS, Alarm Only

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
romzombie 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2020 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
No, I didn't know that. Thanks!
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2020 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
I have a 2002 4runner with the dealer installed factory alarm. I locked my keys inside one day and had to use a coat hanger to pull open the lock. As soon as the lock became unlocked the alarm would go off and the doors would automatically lock. This made it so that one would have to pull the door handle as soon as the lock pin came up or it would lock instantly before you could open the door. I have not noticed this behavior with this alarm. Can this alarm be triggered to lock the doors the same way the factory alarm trigger was set up? In other words, to keep the doors locked as long as the alarm is armed.
djdeito 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2020 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
i read through the alarm installation manual but did not see an option to accomplish what you want with the door lock pins.
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2020 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
I think it makes a lot of sense that the door should lock, and stay locked, automatically if the alarm is triggered. I wonder if any unused or optional output could lock the doors if the alarm is triggered. I mean, if someone broke into my car, i'd want the car to lock itself after they leave.
If someone could get past the impact sensor with, I don't know, a glass cutter or something that can muffle the impact; if they don't open the door, the alarm won't go off. They could just reach in and take whatever.
Can other manufacturer's sensors work with this brand? I have an old clifford sensor with pos/neg and trigger wire. I wonder if that could work..
I have not seen a glass break sensor with Compustar. Perhaps the impact sensor is enough.
*edit - I see a DAS-II but may not be compatible with what i've got. It says, "Compatible with CM7 and CM-DC3 remote start and security systems".
djdeito 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2020 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
you might find useful enabling these two options:
Option 1-08 Auto Rearm: The system will automatically rearm and relock after 30 seconds if there is no activity on the (green) ignition wire or (red/white) door trigger wires. Meaning, ignition must be OFF and all doors must STAY closed for 30 seconds for this feature to work.   
Option 1-09 Passive Arming: Passive Arming will happen only after the door is opened and closed.
i would suggest against using a different brand sensor in your compustar alarm system due to proprietary incompatibility among manufacturers.
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2020 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
Thats not the same as having an alarm triggered by unlocking a door without a key (or remote), and immediately auto locking it, rather than triggered by opening a door.
I would worry about leaving my keys and remote in the car accidentally and getting locked out.
Perhaps a trigger voltage would be different? One would have to test what signal is generated then compared to a stock sensor. Could they be so dissimilar that it would cause issues?
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2020 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
I had some time today to check the alarm. I opened the windows so I can reach in and unlock and open the doors. After waiting a minute or so, I opened a passenger door. Nothing. No alarm. I then closed the door and the alarm went off. I then tried the driver's door and the same thing. This time I gently closed the door so the impact sensor wouldn't trip the alarm. The same thing happened. The closing of the door set the alarm off. Does anyone know what is wrong?
In case this has something to do with it, I tried to program for a double pulse so all the doors unlock because hitting the remote twice rarely opens the other locks, but it won't program for that. I held the lock and unlock together twice for 2.5 seconds, then hit the trunk button. I think that is how you set up for 2 pulse door lock.
djdeito 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2020 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
Did you test your truck's door trigger wire as indicated below:
Grab your multimeter and set it to "DC voltage" connect the negative probe of the multimeter to your truck's "door trigger purple/yellow wire" and connect the positive probe of the multimeter to constant 12 volt in your truck. close all doors, your multimeter should show 0 volt. Open ONLY the driver door and see if your multimeter shows 12 volt, if it does then close the driver door. Now, open the passenger door ONLY and see if your multimeter shows 12 volt, if it does then close the passenger door and continue to test the remaining doors, they should also show 12 volt ONLY when they are opened.
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2020 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
I only tested the driver's door I think. Still, none of the doors are setting the alarm off and I can't seem to program for double pulse.
I will go out and test each door today..
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2020 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
Hello! For the doors im seeing 11.24v open and 2.22v closed for all the doors including the tailgate
Page of 13

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic