the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Toyota 4Runner, Compustar CS7502AS, Alarm Only

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
romzombie 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2020 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
Only the factory remote works to lock the doors
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2020 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
It works now. I didnt notice the plug became unplugged. Now to tidy up the mess of wires
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2020 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
Having a tough time finding a place to mount this. Running the door lock wires to the kick panel area made the wires too short to mount the brain near under the stereo.
I want to thank you again for you help and time you spent and your patience! I could'nt have done it without your help. You saved me $200! Thank you so much!
djdeito 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2020 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
AWESOME!!!
note from the compustar alarm module:
the antenna of your compustar alarm system is calibrated for horizontal installation at the top of the windshield. "the cable that connects the antenna to the alarm module must be free from pinches or kinks. installing the antenna in areas other than windshield may adversely affect the transmitting distance of the remotes"
did you install and adjust the sensitivity of the shock sensor?
did you install the alarm LED
do all doors trigger the alarm while it is armed?
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2020 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
The antennna is above the mirror mounted horizontally. Everything else is lying on the floor waiting to be mounted somewhere. I havent tested it all yet but should before i mount the brain
djdeito 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2020 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
romzombie wrote:
Having a tough time finding a place to mount this. Running the door lock wires to the kick panel area made the wires too short to mount the brain near under the stereo.
I want to thank you again for you help and time you spent and your patience! I could'nt have done it without your help. You saved me $200! Thank you so much!
i didn't see this comment up until this morning. you could extend the door lock wires from the alarm.
your're welcome! enjoy your improved truck!
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2020 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
Yeah, i'm going to do that sometime today. Have a great day today!
romzombie 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2020 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote romzombie
Sigh.....It appears only the driver's door sets off the alarm and even then, sometimes the siren is delayed. The hood pin is instant. The shock sensor works when i shut the door that didnt signal for an alarm
djdeito 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2020 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
arm the alarm and wait 60 seconds before testing the doors.
djdeito 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2020 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
did you try waiting 60 seconds after arming the alarm and then testing the doors?
Page of 13

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic