the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Honda Civic, Remote Start Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2020 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
For the trunk release applications, either a 5 pin relay(both pin 87A & pin 87) or a 4 pin Normally Open relay (No pin 87A) will work.   For the remote start Hornet alarm ignition bypass, either a 5 pin relay (both pin 87A & pin 87) or a 4 pin Normally Closed relay (No pin 87) will work.
Lectric Guy
kinggeorge3287 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2020 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kinggeorge3287
Hi,
I am confused about three items.
1) When Connecting the 556u Immobilizer, I am using three wires:
Red............12v constant
black..........chassis ground
blue...........(To the banded end of 2 diodes; one unbanded end to the 556u Immobilizer Bypass) ? is this correct?
2)When Saying:
"Cut the Hornet's Yellow H1/9 Alarm ignition wire.
Relay Pin 30: one side of the cut Hornet ignition wire
Relay Pin 87A: Other side of the cut Hornet ignition wire"
Which relay pin connects to which side of the ignition wire? does pin 30 go on the hornet side or 87a on hornet side? or another way around?
3)If I control the Remote Start from the Hornet Alarm
"H1/6 - White/Blue (Remote Start Activation Input)...............Activation Input: To Hornet Red/White Ch 2 output"
How do I connect the PAC tr7? Does tr7 also connect to Hornet Red/white wire?
Also, I programed the TR-7 for Feature #14, Set it up to 3 (unlock) pulses in 6 seconds. My question is If the hornet H1/12 Red/white is factory set to 2(unlock) pulses in 3 seconds, won't the car start every time I try to pop the trunk.
thank you again
George
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2020 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
1.) With 2 diodes, the banded ends connect together to for a "Y" with 2 diodes, and this point also connects to Ground When Running from your remote start. For the other (Unbanded) ends of the diode (each side of the "Y"), one connects to the '556U blue wire, and the other connects to pin 85 of the relay to open the alarm's ignition wire during remote start.
2.) For the relay pins 30 and 87A, they are acting as a switch to open the Hornet's ignition wire input. There is no polarity, either relay pin can be used on either side of the Hornet's ignition wire.
3.) Again, this is a limitation for your set up.
You can control the remote start from the Hornet fob (Using the Red/White output of the Hornet to connect to White/Blue of the Ready Remote). If you choose to do this, you would use the TR-7 and the Hornet to open the trunk (after 3 unlock pulses) using the TR-7 to sense 3 unlock pulses in 6 seconds. This will also allow factory fobs to control the trunk solenoid.
If you choose to use the Hornet Fob only to control the alarm, and the Ready Remote fob to control remote start, you could control the trunk solenoid with both the TR-7 (with unlock pulses) AND the Hornet Red/White. The drawing from my previous post shows how this is hooked up. In this case, you would only need the TR-7 if you want the factory fobs to control the trunk solenoid.
Lectric Guy
kinggeorge3287 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2020 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kinggeorge3287
lectricguy wrote:
3.) Again, this is a limitation for your set up.
You can control the remote start from the Hornet fob (Using the Red/White output of the Hornet to connect to White/Blue of the Ready Remote). If you choose to do this, you would use the TR-7 and the Hornet to open the trunk (after 3 unlock pulses) using the TR-7 to sense 3 unlock pulses in 6 seconds. This will also allow factory fobs to control the trunk solenoid.
If you choose to use the Hornet Fob only to control the alarm, and the Ready Remote fob to control remote start, you could control the trunk solenoid with both the TR-7 (with unlock pulses) AND the Hornet Red/White. The drawing from my previous post shows how this is hooked up. In this case, you would only need the TR-7 if you want the factory fobs to control the trunk solenoid.
Hi,
Thank you again for the fast reply. sorry if I am repeating the same question. I do understand what you are saying and I do understand the limitations of my setup. I am just looking for clarity.
I only have one key fob ( hondas original factory key fob). This controls the hornet. The ready remote(24921) comes with its own remote.
Can I turn on the car and pop the trunk with the original keyfob if I use TR-7?
If I connect the ready remote (H1/6 - White/Blue..........Hornet Red/White) I can't connect the TR7 White lead to the Hornet Red/White. is this correct?
thank you again
George
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2020 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
George-
Sounds like you are making progress...I'll try to answer your questions.
1.) Can I turn on the car and pop the trunk with the original keyfob if I use TR-7?
Yes. The TR-7 will be used with unlock (3 unlocks in 6 seconds) to pop the trunk. Pressing Lock twice will activate the Hornet Red/White (connected to Ready Remote White Blue). You will need to do this twice (i.e., press lock 4 times) to activate the ready remote unit, as it needs to see 2 pulses on the white/blue to activate, and this is not programmable.
If I connect the ready remote (H1/6 - White/Blue..........Hornet Red/White) I can't connect the TR7 White lead to the Hornet Red/White. is this correct?
Correct. Use Hornet Red White to activate the Ready Remote Starter by using the lock function on the OEM fob. The TR-7 will be used for trunk release with unlock on the OEM fob.
Lectric Guy
kinggeorge3287 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2020 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kinggeorge3287
Hi,
Thank you again for the fast reply. I am just looking for clarity again.
So, I am planning to connect the Ready Remote to the Hornet (ready remote H1/6 - White/Blue..........Hornet Red/White) Factory remote can turn the car on. I am also planning to connect the TR-7 to the hornet ( so Factory remote can pop the trunk)
In this scenario where does the white wire attach? White (-) output to relay pin 85
But then does the relay 85 pin connect to Hornet Red/White, with is connected to ready remote H1/6 - White/Blue?
Red to Fused +12V constant
Black to Ground
Green input to the Driver's door unlock motor
White (-) output to relay pin 85
Relay Pins 30 & 86: +12V Fused Constant
Relay Pin 85: Hornet H1/12 Red/White (and/or TR7 White lead)??
Relay Pin 87A: Not connected
Relay Pin 87: solenoid + lead"
thank you
George
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2020 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
George-
Since you've decided to use the factory remote to control both Remote Start and Trunk Pop, the answers to your questions are below:
In this scenario where does the white wire attach? White (-) output to relay pin 85?
ANS: I'm assuming you are referring to the output wire from TR-7. Yes, that white (-) output wire from the TR-7 connects to Pin 85 of the trunk pop relay.
But then does the relay 85 pin connect to Hornet Red/White, with is connected to ready remote H1/6 - White/Blue?
ANS: No. Only the white wire from the TR-7 connects to Pin 85 of the trunk pop relay. The Hornet Red/White only connects to the H1/6 - White/Blue (Remote Start Activation Input) of the Ready Remote remote start.
Red to Fused +12V constant
Black to Ground
Green input to the Driver's door unlock motor
Relay Pins 30 & 86: +12V Fused Constant
Relay Pin 85: TR7 White (-) output lead
Relay Pin 87A: Not connected
Relay Pin 87: solenoid + lead
Lectric Guy
kinggeorge3287 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2020 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kinggeorge3287
Hi, Thank you for the clarification.
I have a question. I just realized that the hornet was a starter kill relay attached. The relay splits the ignition 1 wire.
relay pin 30 .....starter key side
relay pin 87A.....starter motor side
relay pin86....... 12v ignition wire
relay pin85......orange (-)500 mA armed output (start kill relay)
on which side of the relay do I or should I connect the ready remote violet wire. The starter key side or starter motor side.
Thank you
george
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2020 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
George-
Connect the Remote Start heavy gauge starter wire to the starter motor side wire (connected to relay pin 87A).
Good Luck, I hope this helps
Lectric Guy
kinggeorge3287 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2020 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kinggeorge3287
Hi again,
I was planning to get the 12V constant power directly from the battery(pull two 10 gauge wires through the firewall and connect all the constant power to that with fuse box) , is this OK? or do I need to get the power from (the 12V: White @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS).
Any recommendations on this.
thank you for all the help. thank you
George
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic