the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Subaru Impreza, Avital 4105

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
avrohom24 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2020 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote avrohom24
installing a remote start in my 2015 Subaru Impreza and cant find 3 wires. All help appreciated. I need the tach wire (preferably in side the cabin),the trunk release wire, and the rear defog. If you know any or all, please help, thanks
ays
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 24, 2020 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
TRUNK RELEASE     GREEN/RED (-)     in PASSENGER KICK, WHITE 24-Pin Plug, Pin 5
TACH     WHITE, BLACK/YELLOW, BLACK/RED or BLACK/BLUE (AC)     @ ENGINE, BLACK 54-Pin Plug, Pin 51, 52,53 and 54
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
avrohom24 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2020 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote avrohom24
Update: I attached the tach wire, but Im not 100% sure I got the right wire and I only have a multimeter so i dont know how to check it. Now the system tries to start but it doesn't catch. I programmed it to tach wire but maybe I should switch it to voltage or off
Any ideas?
ays
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
We're you able to learn the tach signal?
To test for tach, set your meter to read AC voltage. It might have a "V" with a squiggly line over it. Touch your positive meter lead to your suspect wire and your negative lead to ground. With the engine running, you should see the voltage rise as you rev the engine.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
avrohom24 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote avrohom24
Thank you for all the help!
I am now thoroughly confused!
1)When checking the tach wire of the remote with the DMM on AC set to 200V it shows a reading of 30.3 ans when pressing the gas it drops to 29.4
2) trying to program the tach, it wont learn the tach wire. I tried all 4 tach options, car won't start
3)the remote wont start the car; it tries 3 times. If I start the car with the key during the remote trying, I can take the key out and the car stays running
4) the lights don't flash with the remote, although the lock/unlock does work
5) The diagnostics doesn't show any blinking LED (although that may be because the parking light isn't connected properly for some reason)
I don't know how many of these issues are related, but any help is welcomed!
ays
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Here is the info on the Defoster. You will have to program the Avital 4105 2nd Status to Latched Defrost, Menu 2, Feature 8, Option 2.
Rear Defrost    VIOLET/GREEN (- LATCHED)      @ BCM WHITE 34 PIN CONN, PIN 26
A direct connection from the 4105 is OK.
Did you get the R/S to function? A few nthought being as you didn't post your wiring...
That car has two Ignition wires, two Starter wires and one Accessory wire. The 4105 can support all but one of those wires from the heavy gauge harness. Did you power all the ignition wires separately? Did you use a 30/40 Amp APDT relay to support the extra Starter or Ignition wire?
How are you controlling the 556UW ( assumption again, not mentioned ) bypass module?   I've seen a lot of posts that tried touse the GWA signal instead of the (-) Status Output signal. You could check to see if the R/S is OK ( just a bypass issue ) by placing a key in the ignition switch, but not turned, and initiating a R/S.
Soldering is fun!
geepherder 
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
You need to find a correct tach wire.
How are your parking lights connected?
avrohom24 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote avrohom24
Thank You Kreg357, that was a fast response!
I hooked up both red to the cars white 12v constant
The pink wire to the cars green ignition 1 wire
The pink/white to the cars blue 2nd ignition wire
The purple to the cars black/white starter wire
The car has a second starter, but the heavy gauge harness had no wire for it. I did not use any relays
Im using a Bavine (sold on Amazon) key in the box. Im using the heavy harness red wire to power it and the blue status output on the 4 pin harness to send the signal.
I did try to R/S with the key in the ignition, but it did not start
Thank You
ays
avrohom24 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote avrohom24
I used the white wire on the main harness. My car diagram shows a positive parking wire and a negative parking wire. I tried both and got no results
ays
geepherder 
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
To power your second starter as kreg mentioned you need to use a relay. You can supply constant power to 30 and 86. 85 will go to your negative starter wire (if your unit has one), and 87 to the second starter wire in the car.
I meant what wire in the car did you connect for your lights. Did you test/verify with a meter first? Also, your unit should have a fuse or jumper to set the polarity for the parking lights. Make sure it's in the correct position. Hopefully the output isn't fried.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic