the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

GWR Wire Used for Keysense & Anti-Grind?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tayto 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2020 at 3:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tayto
Installing remote start (CM900S) on a 2006 Honda Pilot. Added an Anti-grind relay and used CN3: Pin 4 "Status/Ground while running (GWR)" on the negative side of the coil (85). Can I use this same wire for my Keysense? Diodes necessary? I see in the CM900AS they provide separate wires for GWR & Anti-grind wires, but the controller I am using only supplies one. I understand they behave SLIGHTLY differently, but the GWR wire currently works for Anti-grind, I just realized I also need Keysense for this vehicle (I had been testing it with key in the ignition as my immbolilzer module has not arrived yet).
Thanks.
eguru 
Copper - Posts: 340
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2020 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote eguru
You will need to connect to the real keysense wire from the ignition switch.
tayto 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2020 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tayto
I understand that but is it OK to share the same GWR wire that I am currently using for my Anti-grind relay?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2020 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If you are not using the CM900AS (-) Horn output and have the ability to re-assign POC#7 to GWR ( Option 5 ), you could use that for the needed Keysense. Cleaner install, no diodes, etc.
Better still, assign the unused Horn POC#7 to Starter Kill Option 29 and use that for the added relay. Then use POC#4 GWR for Keysense.
You need the OP-500 programmer or ADS USB cable to make the POC re-assignment.
Soldering is fun!
tayto 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2020 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tayto
I am using the (-) horn output unfortunately. Guess I will try splicing the GWR wire.
EDIT: FWIW, I do have the ADS cable. Also I am running the CM900S, not CM900AS
tayto 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2020 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tayto
I am not using the (-) Parking Lights (POC 1). it looks like GWA & Starter Kill are avaiable on POC 6, DISARM (not horn, POC 7) which I am currently using to disable the oem alarm. I've never messed around with changing these so excuse me if I am understanding them incorrectly.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2020 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
OK, CM900S.
The Special Option Group 2 chart can be deceiving. Basically you can re-assign any POC to any listed on the chart. You can even have several GWR's if you want. The fist column shows the Default setting.
Plug in the CM900S to the ABD USB cable / PC. Fire up the ADS Flash your module, sign in and select "Configure my Starter". Down at the bottom of the page you will see Special Option Group 2, Click on the pull down box for the un-used POC you want to re-assign, make your selection and click Save Now.
It kinda sucks that they don't include the CN4 harness. If you had that, it would free up Lock POC#2 and Unlock POC#3. That would give you some added flexibility. You might check to see if you have a harness with a connector that would fit in CN4. You only need those two pin positions, 4 & 5.
Soldering is fun!
tayto 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2020 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tayto
Thank you kreg. I will wire POC 1 to my Anti-grind relay and move the GWR to the keysense. Yes I may get a CN4 harness and move my door locks as I would like to try and hook up DEFROST in the future.
I have another question, if I wanted to use the factory fob for remote starting (lock, lock, lock) can I hook CN3: PIN 10 (-) trigger start input to the same pin as my (-) DOOR LOCK output?
kreg357 
Posted: July 24, 2020 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
It is possible to set up a 3X Lock remote start using the factory remotes. First you would set CM900S programming Feature 2-4 to Option 4. That would make the R/S look for 3 (+) or (-) Trigger Start inputs to initiate a R/S. Next would be connecting CN3 Pin 11 Pink wire to wire listed below. You should test this wire first to verify it and that there is a (+) pulse with each Lock command.
LOCK MOTOR WIRE     WHITE/BLUE (5-WIRE TYPE)     @ DRIVERS FUSEBOX, LIGHT GREEN 18-Pin Plug
Be advised that any three locks within a short time period will remote start the engine if the normal R/S requirements are met. ( Brake off, Hood closed, engine off, etc ) You could R/S the engine just by pressing the interior door lock switch 3 times in a row.
Soldering is fun!
tayto 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2020 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tayto
I purchased a Blade AL cartridge to move this along and finished the install. ended up setting the anti-grind relay to "STATUS" vs "STARTER KILL" as it would keep the relay energized when the system was armed, ie: not running. Only other issue I have now is the immobilizer light on the dash doesn't come on at all now. BLADE instructions call to cut the "security light" wire (which I assume is what i am calling the immobilizer light) and put one side to pin #20 and the other to pin #10 on the BLADE connector. I tried swapping the wires and same thing, is it possible I fried something? it remote starts without a key in the ignition now and starts normally by key but no immobilizer light. if i join the 2 Secuirty light wires together (like stock) the light operates normally. I'd this normal???
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic