the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Honda Accord Coupe, Shorted Out Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shadydee2 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2020 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shadydee2
shorted out my alarm, my key fob no longer woks< climate control buttons and screen not working< the interior light which turns on when you open the door isn't working. because 2 wires from the harness touched each other. checked the fuses . none were blown that I could tell. what can I do?
daren obrecht
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2020 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
check at the under hood fuse box.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 02, 2020 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
I think there are 3 fuse boxes in that vehicle. Under hood, drivers side kick panel and passenger kick panel. There is a blown fuse in one of them.
shadydee2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2020 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shadydee2
I checked all 3 fuse locations both visualy and with a continuity checker and all are still good. still no alarm , courtesy light or working key fob. I don't even know where the alarm is located in vehicle so I cant even trace the wiring or check the alarm.at a loss as what I can do here.
daren obrecht
djdeito 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2020 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
when you say "because 2 wires from the harness touched each other" what harness are you referring to?
is this a factory alarm or aftermarket alarm?
did you check all relays?
shadydee2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2020 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shadydee2
After market radio stock alarm. I did check the under the hood fuse box relays. Both ways applied voltage and checked for resistance. They all are in working order. The wires were between the new harness that attaches to the vehicles and the radios. Should i just replace all the fuses and relays? It also has these fuses where 4 or 5 are in one sealed unit. Visually they were fine too.
daren obrecht
djdeito 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2020 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
Did you test the courtesy light bulb to make sure is not burnt?
remove the bulb; check the courtesy light socket for voltage using a digital multimeter. set the courtesy light to the ON position: Does the courtesy light socket shows 12v in the ON position?
Does the courtesy light socket shows voltage in the DOOR position while any door is open? test each door individually (only one door should be open while testing for voltage)
Does the trunk courtesy light comes on when the trunk is open?
Does the lock/unlock buttons work properly on the driver's door?
Does the lock/unlock buttons work properly on the passenger's door?
Did the short circuit occurred while you were installing the aftermarket radio? if so, could you remove the aftermarket radio and re-wire the stock radio as it was before and then re-test the key fob, alarm and courtesy light.
No need to replace all fuses since you tested them to be good.
shadydee2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2020 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shadydee2
Ok, no i have not checked the actual bulb. Yes all the other features work except the alarm and key fob and the screen for the climate control. All was working after id removed stock radio. There was a few days before i a tually got back to connecting the new harness and radio. Yes the trunk light comes on. I also removed the navigation dvd from the trunk unplugged the stock amp and removed the stock bluetooth unit /device. Trying to avoid reinstalling the stock radio but it wouldnt be difficult or time consuming. May do it in an hour or two. Since no alarm i hadnt really worried about the other non working items. Figured it was one fuse that was dedicated to all the non working items. Or relay. Now im wondering if its integrated with the stock stereo or nav circuitry.
daren obrecht
djdeito 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2020 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
The stock radio is part of the multiplex control units in your Accord. Troubleshooting any further becomes easier if you could re-install the stock radio.
shadydee2 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2020 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shadydee2
Ok. Then thats what ill do. Not a difficult or time consuming task.
daren obrecht
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic