the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Ford Focus and Avital 5105L

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xesvuli420 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2020 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xesvuli420
I’ll read up on it! I appreciate the link!
I have a bigger problem now. Somehow in wiring up an aftermarket cruise control, a pioneer head unit, a back up camera, a double usb Flush mount k (hooked into the pioneer) , and a flip down monitor in the back, some how I’ve upset the air bag system. How in the hell did I do that?
Man this car is kicking the doodie out of me!
I need to walk away for a day or so 😡
Im just lucky I hit this wall BEFORE trying to install the avital.
xesvuli420 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2020 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xesvuli420
ok Hi all, Im back! Ive been working on a quick install cheat sheet of all the wires and locations and such. I'm almost finished, but I have some questions and concerns. my resources sometimes conflict with each other. Hopefully you guys can help me finish it, and maybe even check over it to make sure Ive got everything correct. I would love a double check before I screw something up. Check out the excel document ive created, and please please please try to find my errors. I want a bullet proof final draft if you guys feel like helping me out.
Let me explain the colors.
Grey I dont think i'm supposed to use at all, so safe for removal
Green Im hoping ive correctly sorted it out
Yellow I'm unsure about at this point
https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0-E7qioyis3SREGEHsr8iDDzA#AVITAL_INSTALL
as you can see I have a few yellow areas.. Hopefully I can turn these green quickly.. let me start with a few questions..
1. Unlock output offers 2 choices, one for switch and one for detect. which one applies to me? I assume switch is for cars without keyless entry, and detect is for keyless..? Either way, I'm not sure here.
2. On the trunk release, my car tip sheet says I go to a white wire in the drivers kick panel, but my Fortin sheet says go to a black/yellow wire at trunk release switch under the drivers dash.Not sure which to follow.
3. I was suggested by a friend to make sure my Dome light supervision goes with the green door input wire to have the interior lights blink during alarm, and also to turn on lights when disarming alarm. but I am unsure what exactly I need to do to complete this circuit.
4. Lastly could someone help me understand where the wires go in the 3 yellow rows in the 10 pin harness area. Are these for a needed relay, or am i overthinking it?
Once I get to the bottom of those questions, and someone gives me the thumbs up on my excel cheat sheet, I will be ready to finally bench prep and install. I cant thank you guys enough for gettimg me this far! I look forward to any help you have to offer!
Thanks again!!!
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2020 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
For those that do not have Excel to view your spreadsheet, here is a PDF copy.
2003 Ford Focus and Avital 5105L - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 19, 2020 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
As far as the 10-pin harness, make sure you connect both the red and red/black to constant 12 volts. These provide power during remote start. The green is only used if you want starter kill. (You cut the factory starter wire and connect the side that goes to the ignition switch to this wire. The other side goes to the purple wire. If someone tries to start the car using a key when the alarm is armed, it will not crank.) If you don't want starter kill, just connect the purple to your car's starter wire.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
xesvuli420 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2020 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xesvuli420
I have updated my sheet to show what you just said, I appreciate you helping me get the entire 10 pin harness complete.
Now just a few more things to figure out before I’m ready to go. Anyone else can shed some light on the rest of the yellow rows?
Does anybody see any more mistakes on following sheet?
PDF
EXCEL
Thanks again guys, I cant tell you how much I appreciate the help!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2020 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Nice work, the chart looks good. A few things to mention.
If you connect the Black/White Parking Brake input the the car, you must have the Parking Brake on to R/S the car. Most installers just connect this wire to Chassis Ground after verifying that the car won't start unless the transmission is in Park.
You didn't show the EVO-ALL 4 Pin harness. You could go D2D to the Avital DBI port BUT... You must flash the EVO-ALL with the correct firmware AND check the D2D box. I think this is Option F3 but I'm not positive. This option sets the EVO-ALL to use the DBI comm protocol rather than the Fortin or ADS protocol. You could go W2W with the EVO-ALL by connecting the Dark Blue GWR wire to the Avital's Dark Blue Status Output wire and connecting the Red and Black wires in the 4 Pin harness to +12V and Chassis Ground.
Here is the info on the door trigger wires. Use 4 diodes with the bands towards the car to combine the doors into one (-) input for the Avital.
Left Front Door Trigger             black/yellow (-)     driver kick or GEM behind glove box, tan 23 pin plug, pin 22
Right Front Door Trigger     black/blue (-)      driver kick or GEM, tan 23 pin plug, pin 21     
Left Rear Door Trigger             black/orange (-)      GEM behind glove box, green 23 pin plug, pin 15     
Right Rear Door Trigger         black/green (-)      GEM behind glove box, gray 23 pin plug, pin 18
You can connect the Avital's Dome Light Supervision to any door trigger wire.
Soldering is fun!
xesvuli420 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2020 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xesvuli420
Thanks for the compliment, I'm working to make it as good as it can be.
Right now im trying to figure out if I need a relay to starter kill. Am I totally missing it, or doesnt the violet wire out of the avital go straight to the cut starter wire on the starter side, and the green wire to the key side..? wouldn't this mean I don't need a relay? Yikes this last bit is getting me confused!
kreg357 wrote:
If you connect the Black/White Parking Brake input the the car, you must have the Parking Brake on to R/S the car. Most installers just connect this wire to Chassis Ground after verifying that the car won't start unless the transmission is in Park.
On the cheat sheet, I have it wrote down to ground it out.. Are you saying that is wrong? or were you just adding theory for me to understand more of whats going on?
kreg357 wrote:
You didn't show the EVO-ALL 4 Pin harness. You could go D2D to the Avital DBI port BUT... You must flash the EVO-ALL with the correct firmware AND check the D2D box. I think this is Option F3 but I'm not positive. This option sets the EVO-ALL to use the DBI comm protocol rather than the Fortin or ADS protocol. You could go W2W with the EVO-ALL by connecting the Dark Blue GWR wire to the Avital's Dark Blue Status Output wire and connecting the Red and Black wires in the 4 Pin harness to +12V and Chassis Ground.
Yea, I'm gonna need a lesson here on what I should do, pros and cons, etc. I'm also glad you said something because the Fortin instructions make it look like I can just simply plug the 4 pin avic-datalink into each unit on my vehicle specific instructions. Help me understand if you dont mind. I have the flash tool if we need to change anything to the flash. Just let me know what to do here.
kreg357 wrote:
Here is the info on the door trigger wires. Use 4 diodes with the bands towards the car to combine the doors into one (-) input for the Avital.
Left Front Door Trigger             black/yellow (-)     driver kick or GEM behind glove box, tan 23 pin plug, pin 22
Right Front Door Trigger     black/blue (-)      driver kick or GEM, tan 23 pin plug, pin 21     
Left Rear Door Trigger             black/orange (-)      GEM behind glove box, green 23 pin plug, pin 15     
Right Rear Door Trigger         black/green (-)      GEM behind glove box, gray 23 pin plug, pin 18
You can connect the Avital's Dome Light Supervision to any door trigger wire.
So please let me make sure I got this right.. diode out from the above mentioned pins all to the 1 green "door input" wire of the avital, also tie in the dome supervision to the same green wire. That will complete the circuit correctly?
More great information, Gonna have to spend more time on these items to make sure I understand 100%.
I still have some questions though if anyone can help me with those..
1. Unlock output offers 2 choices, one for switch and one for detect. which one applies to me? I assume switch is for cars without keyless entry, and detect is for keyless..? Either way, I'm not sure here.
2. On the trunk release, my car tip sheet says I go to a white wire in the drivers kick panel, but my Fortin sheet says go to a black/yellow wire at trunk release switch under the drivers dash.Not sure which to follow.
Thanks again for helping me build up my knowledge on this. I am getting so much more well rounded thanks to all you guys!
Only 2 more to go!!! I may be getting close!!!
PDF
EXCEL
I'm begging you guys to find a problem in the above spreadsheet..
A few more days and i'll be ready to install, I hope everything is solid and signed off on by you guys here at this wonderful community!!!
Thanks again guys!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2020 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
No extra/external relay needed for Starter Kill. The Avital has an internal relay for this purpose.
I mis-read your chart on the Parking Brake wire. You've got it correct for an AT vehicle.
You must connect the Avital Dome Supervision wire to a door trigger wire on the car side of the diode.
To me, it's just as easy to go W2W between the Avital and the EVO-ALL. It's just 3 more wires to connect during bench prep. D2D should work fine if you have the correct D2D harness and can find the DBI D2D feature in the EVO-ALL's flash programming.
Soldering is fun!
xesvuli420 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2020 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote xesvuli420
ok lets talk about this D2D, when you say the correct harness... is this it?
2003 Ford Focus and Avital 5105L - Page 2 -- posted image.
As far as the flash options, I went in to find and set it to D2D, but it looks like its already set.. right?
2003 Ford Focus and Avital 5105L - Page 2 -- posted image.
So now the module is ready to use the 4 pin plug on both modules without the need to go w2w right?
as always, I appreciate the education!
kreg357 
Posted: August 20, 2020 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The EVO-ALL option is correct, F3 for DBI D2D. Not sure about that cable. Will it plug into the correct port on the Avital? With the iDatalink units, the Avital/Viper side is either Brown or Red.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic